Prologue

No-one Prov

No-one Prov.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was staring at the night lights of Paris from her bedroom balcony, a cup of steaming tea in her hand. Two years. It only took two years for her entire life to change. It took two years for her entire class to turn on her, brand her as a bully and even physically attack her. Granted Lie-la was the root of her problems since her lies became more elaborate and painted an "unforgettable" image, but they were still lies that a quick Google search could discredit. It still broke her heart when she thinks back at all the years she thought they were her friends ... when they were the people she grew up with, but now she has a heart of steel that no one could trample over. Lie-la's lies did bring some good thou. Marinette found true friends and her family grew stronger since they never turned their back on her, and she couldn't be more thankful. She loved them all with her whole heart.

A small chuckle escaped Marinette's lips. She still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Chloe, yes Chloe Bourgeois, was now her best friend. It happened about a month after the Miracle Queen incident...

* Beginning of Flashback *

Marinette was late, per usual, for class. She barely got through her classroom door when the bell rang, announcing that class was about to start. As Marinette looked up, expecting to see Mme. Bustier looking at her in disappointment, she was met with the sight of an empty teacher's desk. 'Weird' thought Marinette, but taking the blessing she made her way up the stairs to her desk. She now sat at the back of the class since Lie-la was back and claiming some other illness was affecting her and she just had to sit next to Adrien. Of course, no one asked Marinette if she wanted to move. They just assumed she would even when she argued that she didn't want to move and that they had already been through this once before. Thus started the cold looks, disappointed eyes, and verbal abuse from the class on her supposed jealousy. 

Even her teacher Mme. Bustier started to push more work on Marinette to teach her 'maturity'. You see, the next day after I was told to move seats I apparently threatened Lie-la in the girls' bathroom (original, I know), saying that I would make her life hell and turn everyone against her bla bla bla. No one bothered to ask me if it was true, which for the record it wasn't, they just listened to Lie-la with her big crocodile tears. The next day I pushed Lie-la down the stairs after I had slapped her. Again no one asked me if it was true or even checked the security tapes, they just listened to her every word like little baby Parrots. And the next day... I'm getting off-topic but honestly, the list of lies could wrap Mount Everest twice over. 

The day Chloe came back to school I was already used to the cold stares and whispered insults. I was numb against it at this point since no matter what I said no one believed me. I was the bad guy, the insensitive friend, the bully, the villain.

The classroom door opened drawing the whole classroom's attention, hushing them immediately. Mme. Bustier led a very nervous-looking Chloe to the front of the class. "Now class, Chloe has something to say and I would like you all to give her your undivided attention." At the end of Mme. Bustier's sentence Chloe took a step forward, her head hanging low and arms hugging her middle. "I am sorry for everything I did during the Akuma attack last month. I was wrong and I am really, really sorry I put all of you in danger. I acted ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. Please forgive me?" By the end of her speech, her voice was a wobbly mess and her checks were tearstained.