What caught Aine's attention was that n the last page, was a small note that wrote:

'I pray that one day, this book will be passed down to Aine, my precious daughter, my only successor. In hopes that it will serve her usefulness so that it could be passed onto the future generation of gifted Potioneers to help those in need...'

This was the legacy of her father, the thing he dedicated himself to throughout his life was in this journal. There were many recipes written by her father as well as histories of illness that could be cured with not just magic but potions as well. Some include certain kinds of plagues, Dragon pox, Lou Gehrig's disease, Werewolf disease and even the Blood-Malediction curse. It was written with such a detailed explanation that broke down all the complex terms, making even someone who doesn't know much about such ailments understand it.

Aine hugged the book close to her, it was something Elliot had left to her without telling her about it. She was definitely going to finish what he had started, the one thing that could live on in Elliot's stead was his research which may bring hope to those whose lives were filled with such misery from medical conditions. Though Elliot was a Potioneer who owned a small humble business, he was still after all one of the most powerful Healers of all time before he settled down and backed away from the spotlight.

Although there was a glimmer of light in the dark world around Aine, she couldn't help but feel wrathful. Her father was such a good man and yet he was taken so quickly and wrongly from this world. There was so much Aine wanted to tell him and so much thankfulness the man had yet to receive before his demise. 

It wasn't fair... 

The girl stood up and walked out of her father's room, there was a wave of irrefutable anger within her. She was so overwhelmed with her grief that the fury just explodes so suddenly when she least expects it. She couldn't control it. 

How could they... How could he...

Her attention drifted to the mountain of books piled on her desk in her room, just like her father. She had poured hours, days, weeks and years studying to become a Potioneer like her father. To walk in his footsteps and to be someone her father could be proud to call his daughter. She was angry at the world, at those who murdered her father and above all, she was angry at herself too. She places the picture of her family and journals down by her bed before she stomps towards the books.

And thus, she started to lose herself in her emotions, her ire tipping over the edge. She pushes the books off her table, pulling tomes off from the shelves and throwing them onto the ground as she began ripping out the pages. Rage and sadness pooled from her tears as she whimpered, allowing herself to be devoured by her anguish. She harshly tears apart the books, crying her heart out as the memories flood back to her.

Memories of her father and her brewing potions, studying by her father's side and watching him teach her all about the wonders of different ingredients and recipes. It hit her even harder when she realized that he wasn't going to be around anymore. That she wouldn't be able to do any of them again with Elliot.

Why... Why...

Aion rushed towards Aine's room after hearing all the commotion upstairs, he witnessed his sister going on another rampage in destroying all the books. He ran towards her and stops her. "Lianna—! Aine, stop!" he said, holding her back as her hands got red from all the yanking, the pages were all in shreds. "Why are you doing this? Calm down, Lianna! What's wrong?" he pulls her to him, hugging her tight. He noted the cuts on her hands and he softens at the torn scraps.

"Let go—! LET ME GO!" she screams, struggling out of his embrace.

Aion moves away, giving her space as she huffs. His bloodshot eyes filled with worry as he looked at his sister. He could see the distraught, the guilt and the sorrow on her face. She never lashed out like this before and he was both confused and heartbroken at the same time. "Calm down," he soothes her with a gentle voice. "What's wrong?"