X. FEELINGS & COMFORT

Start from the beginning

"Well, whoever and wherever they are," Ray starts, looking at the Julie with a more serious look, "they brought my niña back, so as far ad I'm concerned, they're like angels to me," he smiles softly.

"And so are you, Skyler," Ray turns to the Korean. "I'm always very grateful for you, for helping my mijà through all the tough times. You truly are a lifesaver."

Skyler looked at the man with surprise. "Really? You mean that?" He asked.

"Of course, mijò," Ray nods. "Why would I lie about something like that?"

Julie and Skyler looked at each other, smiling as well with a small blush. Suddenly, the front door to the house was ripped open and Julie's tià, Victoria rushed out of the house with panic and fear in her eyes.

"Woah, qué pasó?" Ray asked her.

"This house is haunted! We have to go! Now!" Victoria says, her voice rushed.

"What happened?" Julie asked quickly.

"Victoria, I know that you want us to move, but this is a little extreme," Ray tells her. "I told you, we're okay here."

"I'll let Carlos explain what happened. He refuses to leave, but if movies taught me anything, if a house is haunted, you run!" Victoria said frantically, and then muttered some Spanish as she took off to her car.

Ray lets out a sigh and went back into the house, while the two teens looked at each other with annoyance for a moment.

"You're thinking who I'm thinking, right?" Skyler asked Julie.

"Yep, and his name rhymes with wedgie," Julie mutters and Skyler hummed in response.

***

It had been almost a week since the band had played their first real gig. Skyler and Julie were getting closer and closer every day. Skyler always ends up getting teased by Alex and Reggie whenever they bring her up. He doesn't know about Luke on the other hand, but he was sure that he was getting suspicious.

Him, Julie, and the band were in the studio right now. All five of them were spread out, sitting on the floor. They have been practicing a few songs for the past hour, and right now, they're writing some new lyrics for their songs.

"Okay, so for 'Edge of Great', I was thinking that the bridge will go something like this," Luke explains and starts playing the riff on his electric guitar. The others nodded along to the riff. "And for the lyrics, here's what I came up," he went on before he starts singing.

Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are, don't compromise
Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive

The others smiled for how the lyrics sounded. "I like it," Reggie comments.

"Thanks, I was thinking that Julie could sing this part with her range," Luke tells them. "Julie goes high up. Skyler, can you sing the part that I just did?"

"Yeah, totally," Skyler nodded.

Luke explained the notes to Julie and Skyler. It took a few tries to get it done, but it was already good so far. "Okay, that's great. Now, let's try to run that down."

Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are, don't compromise

Julie and Skyler harmonized together while Luke played the melody. The two teens smiled at each other as they sing.

Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive