City/Plans

Chapter 1: "City/Plans"

[Y/N POV]

I walked out of the tall building, the automatic doors closing behind me, making it seem as if they would never open for me again.

The sun seemed blinding to my moist eyes as I dropped into a crouching position, burying my head into my arms.

I really just got fired.

I thought to myself as the gravity of the situation began to fall upon my shoulders. My breathing became labored as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

This was it. I had been barely scraping by for the past year living from paycheck to paycheck to keep myself afloat. It was a fragile lifestyle, but one I had to live with as I had no other options.

Without this job, I wouldn't be able to pay my rent that would be due in two weeks, and the money I had left would only get me by for three weeks max as long as I only ate cup of noodles for every meal.

The only options I had now were to go back to my parents or give up. Neither sounded appealing as my parents weren't much of an option, and I still had things to live for... people to live for.

I tried my best to swallow the lump in my throat as I got my breathing under control and stood up.

What good does living for them do if I only end up being a burden for them?

I questioned as I began my walk back to my house. Taking a taxi wouldn't be much of an option from now on as I needed to save as much as possible.

I glanced up at the billboard that I had seen every day for the past year. There was a blonde Vastaya holding a bottle of perfume with the name of the company, LeBlanc, in an artistic font next to her. The Vastaya was gorgeous, but I couldn't make out what kind she was because the only thing in the frame was her ears.

I've always wanted to meet a Vastaya, but I had yet to get the chance because there weren't many in the city.

Bye, random billboard lady. It was nice knowing you for the past year.

I just sighed as I ended my imaginary goodbye with a billboard and continued home.

As I walked through the streets, I admired the city I walked through, Piltover. It may not have treated me well in the years that I had been here, but I couldn't deny its architectural beauty.

What once started as a massive steampunk city slowly came into its own as it reinvented itself as the leading futuristic city in the world. Tall skyscrapers covered with windows lined the streets of the business district that I currently walked through.

[I imagine the city close to a cleaner New York, so let's just run with that]

Past this was the rest of the city, which had streets lined with stores, large multiple-story malls, strip clubs, hotels, apartment complexes, and anything else someone living here or visiting may want. Past that were more skyscrapers that consisted of penthouses, museums, and other similar things.

Of course, mixed in with all of these, there were buildings that still had that steampunk architecture that the city founded itself on, but most of them were designated historical monuments, the biggest of which being the large bridge that worked as an entrance and exit to the city.

The city had no shortage of people with money as the rich and famous liked the bragging rights that the tourist destination of the world was their home, even if they were away more than they were here.

I couldn't blame them, though. This was my home for my friends and I too, and I couldn't imagine the last 8 years of my life being anywhere else.

I never usually paid attention to the city as I walked. It had just become such a normal part of my life that I had forgotten what the city felt like the first time I arrived here.