Memories are all thats left

Chapter 1 (Vanessa's POV) a week before

"Beep beep beeb be-" i harshly hit my alarm clock and put the covers over my head. Then my door opened and there stood my mom. "Hey sweetie time to get up". After that she left. Today was my birthday and I should be all miss happy sunshine um no I'm miss darkness of dark. I was soo tired and devastated after what happened last night. I tried to get the thought out of my head but as much as I try it wouldn't go away. Well what's the point of being all sad and desperate when I'm suppose to be celebrating my 18th birthday.

I looked at my phone and I got a message. "Good morning beautiful and happy 18 birthday love. I'm so lucky to have someone like you who I can count on. Well see ya later xx ;)~H" I couldn't help but put a smile on my face. Out of all the people I love he defiantly went on that list.

I got up and took a long shower. Then I blow dried my hair leaving it naturally wavy. I went to my closet and got out white shorts, cream vans, and a blue and white sweater. I put on pink lip gloss, silver eyeshadow, a little bit of foundation giving myself that naturally look. I ran downstairs where my mom and sister were. "Happy birthday!" They shouted. My mom held out a plate full of pancakes with maple syrup on them. "Aww thanks I love you guys" I gave both a huge hug.

After I finished my birthday breakfast I got my satchel and ran out the front door after I heard a car beep. " bye mom bye Lexi" I waved them both goodbyes as I closed the door. There he was waiting outside his range rover, flipping his awesome curls and his beautiful green eyes looking into mine.

"Hello my lady". He said in his deep, raspy voice. "You look stunning" as he looked at me up and down. "Thanks". He opened the door for me and jogged over to the driver side. When we finally got there all I could smell was the smell of my favorite chocolate mocha. Yes we were at Starbucks my favorite place EVER, and being the best friend Harry is he took me there. After we ordered we sat at the far back alone. "So umm Vanessa I umm h-have something to tell y-you" Harry said sounding nervous.

"Yes Harry?" I waited for him to say something but instead he pulled out a small red box. "Vanessa I've known you since we were in preschool and I've been through thick and thin with all the sacrifices we made but somehow we made it. Vanessa I-I really like you, more than friends. He opened the box and there was a beautiful necklace shaped in a heart. My mind went blank.

*Flashback last night*

"Justin I can't believe you!" Tears were streaming down my face. "Vanessa can we please just talk about this!" He yelled back at me. "No because your a liar, cheater, and a backstabber! You know what I'm done!" I ran out the house trying not to fall over things that were on the ground. I heard footsteps behind me which made me run faster. I wasn't paying attention and it was pitch black outside. I tried running across the street but before I knew it....

(Back to reality)

"Vanessa are you ok?" I realize I was in the restaurant. "Umm yeah I just blacked out for a moment. So what were you saying?" "Never mind it's nothing" he replied. After we finished we went down to the park. "Wow we used to come here everyday after school." He said "haha yeah and remember when we were 5 and we got married under that tree." I pointed over to the big oak that stood out in the middle of the park. "Yeah and I kissed you and I screamed because I thought you had cooties." We both laughed remembering when me and Harry had a ring pop on each of our hands.

"Remember when you moved away in the 5th grade and when you came back we traced our names in the tree letting others know it was ours." Harry said while smiling. "Omg yeah I remembered when I came back after my parents divorced." Me and Harry have been through a lot together and I did have feelings for him, but I bet he liked someone else. Me and Harry sat next to the oak and layed in the grass. I couldn't imagine a better birthday. Well he has been to every single one of my birthday parties. We layed for a couple of hours until I heard a car beep.

I quickly sat up to see a familiar car. "What's wrong?" Harry asked very concerned "oh no h-he's here". I got up with my hand in Harry's pulling him away. We ran and jumped over fence but we came to a dead end. "Haha you thought you could run away did you"the voice said. "Please leave us alone!" I yelled. I looked around but there was no way out. Harry was next to me holding my hand tightly. "V-Vanessa he's h-here." Harry said stuttering. "What does he want from us?" Tears rolled down my cheeks and I could see Harry trying to hold back his tears. The aim was already on us.

I looked behind us and all there was, was water. I had no choice. I looked up at Harry and looked at me knowing the plan. He mouthed "I love you". And before I could say anything else we were almost in the water. I could here harry crying but still holding onto my hand tightly. Then all of a sudden everything went completely blank.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They say not to look back at the past, but then I won't have the good memories of me and you to last.