I ordered a whiskey on the rocks, Mikasa ordered a Bloody Mary, and Annie ordered a bottled beer, Corona. We drank as Mikasa and Annie engaged in conversation, laughing occasionally. I was nervous to address the elephant in the room and I think she was too. So we avoided each other's gaze and kept our conversations separate. As Annie calmed down from her laugh, she watches us. She looked at us with a smirk still on her face, her sharp canines showed through her small effort of a smile as her lazy, sunken eyes, stared at us. I blushed at her attractive demeanor before looking forward.

"Let me ask you guys something," Annie speaks more loosely as she had alcohol in her system. Mikasa and I look at her, waiting for her to speak again.

"Why?" She asks. We look at her, obliviously confused. She looks at us with a displeased expression.

"What's the beef?" She asks us. Mikasa and I look back at each other before looking back at Annie.

"Don't act like an outsider in this Annie," I tell her. She looks at me with creased eyebrows.

"I'm not. I'm a bitch to you because Mikasa is my girl. I'm a loyal friend. That's my truth. Now you two," She dismisses me, pushing us to speak.

"...I never had a problem with Mikasa. Even when we first met at the party, I was defending her from Eren and the other dudes when they treated her like a little prize. I don't like when people kiss and tell. But I don't know where it went wrong," I talk to Mikasa indirectly through Annie. Annie looks at Mikasa, expecting her to speak. Mikasa sighs, uncomfortable.

"It's personal shit that made me treat you like that. I guess it isn't your fault... I treated you like an invader. And I wasn't used to a change like you so I act like a bitch," She tells me. Personal stuff. I know what personal stuff. Not fully, but I have the idea. I have the courage to turn and face Mikasa.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her. She looks at me, a little nervous before nodding. 

"Are you dependent on Eren? Or do you think you are? Genuinely asking," I tell her with a disarmed tone. She looks at me for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"...Why do you wanna know? You wanna butt in?" She asks, defensive. I shake my head.

"I wanna understand. Are you being nasty towards me because of Eren? And why?" I rephrase my question. She licks her lips nervously before responding.

"Yeah," She blankly replies.

"I'm not in love with Eren and I'm not a possessive person. Eren and I have known each other for a long time so naturally, I'm protective. I guess that isn't enough of an explanation for you because I think my problem with you is way deeper than that, honestly," Her tone changes.

"Okay...So what's your issue then?" I ask her. She leans a little closer to me, watching me.

"I think you feel really entitled to certain things. I think that you feel the right to know everything from everyone. I can tell that a secret doesn't sit right with you...When you don't know it." She inches away from me, back into her seat comfortably. I watch her, with a hint of annoyance.

"So I have an issue with you, yeah. Because I just have a gut feeling that you will twist a narrative until you benefit from it." She takes a sip from her drink before finishing her sentence.

"And I've never been wrong about my gut feeling...So I'll stick to it. We don't have to be friends. I have no strong desire to do that anyways. But I have a strong desire to watch you unfold. I have a feeling you will. So let's call it neutral," She finishes. I look at her for a moment before scoffing.

"Okay," I tell her. We look away as we hear a group of boys laughing and chatting. The boys stopped by the bar. I sigh with relief before giving them a small smile. I try to pick my mood back up before they approached us. Everyone went to their roommate, naturally. Eren approached me with a smile before putting his arm around me.