C4 - Despite All My Rage I Still Am Just A Rat In A Cage

"Destroy it?? But... Moon," Sun started.

"It's too dangerous. Sun, I know you're attached to it but... we can't keep it in the tube forever, and it's highly likely it would try to attack us again," Moon reasoned.

Oh no. No no no. This was bad. You were starting to panic all over again. You pounded frantically on the glass and whacked at it with your tool.

"I think something caused it to suddenly behave this way... if we could just figure out what happened," Sun said.

Moon sighed heavily. "...It'd be beneficial to study it further regardless. But Sun... if we can't figure it out, if there really isn't anything we can do..."

Sun nodded slowly. "I understand."

You pushed your hand through your hair, trying to calm down. You breathed heavily, working through the panic. At the very least, neither of them could get to you while you were in the tube. They'd have to let you out in order to kill you. You'd have a chance to fight back.

"I'll repair the panel," Moon said.

"You relax, I'll do it," Sun said, moving past Moon.

Moon watched Sun for a moment, then turned their attention back to you.

You returned their gaze unblinkingly.

A moment later, the lights came back on and the door to the room hissed shut. You winced and blinked through the sudden brightness. When you looked back up, your saw Moon was still watching you.

Moon's right eye had gone entirely black, and there was a splintering crack beside it across their cheek. You noted they were also gripping one of their arms, the top left one, which hung there limply.

It seemed you'd done a number on them. You felt... oddly pleased, but also almost... guilty.

"Are you sure you're alright, Moon?" Sun asked.

"I'm fine," Moon said sharply. They paused. "...Thank you, Sun."

Sun looked like they wanted to say or do more. Their hands fumbled and fidgeted.

"I'll be fine, I just need a recharge. Can you keep an eye on it?" Moon asked.

"Okay." Sun nodded.

Moon turned and treaded past Sun. They stepped through the door, leaving you alone with Sun.

Sun eyed you warily. You eyed them back.

"I guess... I guess i'll clean things up a bit," Sun mumbled. They grabbed a brush from a shelf and started sweeping bits of glass up into a pile. They glanced your way every other moment.