Chapter 18: The Jaguar Wrestler

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long for him to rush forward for a shoulder charge. I flashed back to our last fight which started the exact same way. I debated what his angle was. King wasn't an idiot, he had a plan. Either way, I responded just like I had in our first encounter.

Leaping over him and going in for a kick, this proved to be my first mistake. Last time King had been hit in the back. However this time he dodged and not only that, managed to grab my leg in the process. I was trapped!

King commented "I was wondering if you'd fall for that trap." He gripped my leg with both hands and began to spin. I was lifted off the ground with his grab attack before being flung right into one of the surrounding metal poles.

I grunted as my back collided with it but swiftly recovered. I rushed forward and attempted to strike however King stuck his arm out to the side making me collide head-first with it! I flipped and landed on my back on the ground.

King didn't follow up and instead just stated "I told you things were different this time." I got back to my feet and smirked at the wrestler. "You have improved, I'll give you that. But this fight isn't over." King growled "Good, I'd be disappointed if this was the end."

I got back into my stance and waited. King did the same it seemed both of us were waiting for who'd strike first. It was King once again, he lunged forward and brought his arms together to try and grab me yet again.

That's when I dropped down, avoiding the blow and allowing me to counter by landing an elbow to King's stomach. He let out a gasp through his mask, he doubled over for a moment and I took this chance to go fully on the offensive.

I landed a series of kicks, most of them hit King's torso, however the final one hit him across his face and launched him back. This time it was his turn to collide with the ground. Not for long though, he leapt up and went right into a shoulder charge.

I managed to block the attack. King followed the charge with a swing from his arm that I also blocked before countering with a punch to his chest. He didn't recoil much from it and thrust his knee forward managing to actually strike my chin.

That managed to stun me and King made another attempt to grab at me. This time he was successful to an extent. He managed to tackle me to the ground and knelt over me, however when he tried to punch down at me, I caught his fist and instantly responded by sending my fist right back at him, striking him in the mask's nose!

He lurched back, allowing me to kick and loosen his hold on me. I got up and spun around, landing a kick to his torso. He lashed out and managed to grab hold of my leg when I went for another kick before throwing me across the arena once more.

This time I actually managed to stop myself and looked up as King went in for another shoulder charge attack and this was where the chance finally came to bring this battle to a close. Once he was close enough, I moved to the side.

Again it was a matter of speed, he couldn't comprehend my movements as I went in for another kick right across his stomach! He doubled over a second time and this allowed me to thrust my knee up this time and strike his jaw.

I thrusted both my palms forward, hitting his chest before going behind him and rapidly kicking him in the centre of his back. This made him arch a bit, where he remained for a few seconds twitching faintly before finally collapsing face-first to the ground.

For a moment I wondered if he was knocked out. However this was soon proven false when I heard another low growl come from him. Slowly but surely, he got up onto all fours before noticing me stood over him.

I decided to compliment. "I'm impressed King, you have actually improved." King began to get back to his feet as he replied in his growls "Yeah, but I'm still not quick enough. I know where to improve now though."

With that, King made no further effort to attack. It seemed for the second time, I'd emerged victorious. King stated "If we meet again Eagle, be warned." I let out a little "Hmm." Before turning to make my way out of the hidden arena.

King walked behind me and commented "I wonder if Marduk is still around?" I looked and asked "He's still here?" King nodded "He's been here since he lost the match. We cleared things up between us but he's been a bit broody over losing the match."

Just as we were walking out down a corridor out of the arena area, there was a loud crash from one of the rooms that caught my attention...

Craig Marduk POV

I sat hunched over in one of the chairs. I hadn't expected King's mercy and while I was glad we'd settled the score between us, it kind of caught me by surprise. To top it all off, this was the SECOND time I'd lost to him! I snarled a bit in annoyance when I heard a noise.

A faint creek could be heard in on the other side of one of the doors. My head snapped around in that direction. However I saw nothing out of the ordinary. I snapped "Who's there?!" No response. I yelled "Show yourself or I'll tear your back in half!" 

I was caught off guard when I figure flung themselves through the door, tackling me in the process. I grunted as my body collided with the wall, making a crash sound...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I felt I owed you a battle against King since I skipped the last one, this one was slightly more relevant because of what's coming next. I'm particularly looking forward to the next one since we'll be getting another of my favourite characters. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.