Chapter 06

3rd person pov

It's been 2 days since Akira was reunited with his brother, and now Laika and Azusa are out hunting slimes.

Laika: That was amazing, and so fast my eyes couldn't keep up!

Azusa: Well Akira and I have been doing this for 300 years, so I got it down to a science.

Laika: I can't imagine how many slimes you two must've defeated to get so strong, how many do the two of you beat each day?

Azusa: For me, I say about 25 and for Akira, I say 50. But we were told that we have an ability that increases the XP we earn, so for me it would actually be like 50 where as for Akira it's a 100 a day.

Laika: That's easier than I expected, I thought you say something like "you work hard enough to sweat blood."

Azusa: Laika tell me why are you still thinking that way?

Laika looks at Azusa confused.

Laika: Huh? Thinking what way?

Azusa: Sweating blood? No one should ever work that hard, people may try, but only when people are watching. Thus when you use that expression, it suggest you might make a habit of bragging, which is not a good thing.

Laika: Oh, that didn't occur to me.

Azusa: Dont beat yourself up. Just plug along steadily everyday, if you approach almost any activity a little bit at a time, it will be a lot easier to stick with.

Laika: You words are so wise and meaningful, I will adopt your methods and hope to one day reach both your levels myself.

Azusa: No, reason not to, mowing down slimes is easy, and it's not like they'll seek revenge.

Timeskip

After Azusa and Laika return home, they noticed Akira and Toshiro laying on the ground exhausted.

Azusa: Well you two seem exhausted.

Akira:*chuckles* Yeah we pushed ourselves pretty hard.

Toshiro: It was worth it in the end.

Azusa sighs.

Azusa: Laika do you mind lending me a hand please.

Laika: Of course.

Azusa and Laika brought Akira and Toshiro inside the house and laid them on the couch. Though it didn't take them long to recover their strength and stamia.

Akira: Whoo. That was a good nap!

Laika: Golly you two sure recovered quick.

Akira: Yup, but I think we need a shower. Hey Toshi why don't you go shower first.

Toshiro: Very well then.

Laika: I will prepare breakfast today!

Azusa: Sounds great I'll leave it to you then.

Akira: I wasn't aware that dragons knew how to cook.

Laika: You weren't? Dragons are among the accomplished races, cooking is but a simple task for us!

Timeskip

Laika: I give you my finest dishes ever, please eat up!

Azusa was shocked at the size of the food, where as Akira and Toshiro were already digging in.

Akira/Toshiro: Oishi!!

Azusa stared at the two amazed.

Azusa: Is it really that good?

Azusa then took a bite and reacted the same way.

Akira: I must say, your cooking skills are quite impressive Laika.

Laika: Thank you very much Akira. If you like it so much I'd be glad to make it for you everyday!

Akira: We appreciate the offer, but no, we will each take turns.

Azusa: Yeah, you can make your dish another day.

After we finished eating, Laika and Akira cleaned up the plates while Toshiro and Azusa were resting.

Timeskip

After helping the village, Azusa and the gang were busy drinking tea when suddenly there was a knock at the door.

Akira: I'll get it.

Akira then head to the front door to see who it was and to his surprise it was a little blue hair girl.

When the girl sees Akira, her eyes start to sparkle with excitement.

Akira:*thoughts* A little girl?

Akira smiles and kneels down to the girl height.

Akira: Hey there little one, is there something I can help you with?

??: I wanted to meet you papa.

To be continued....