Well, that was until he saw the girl.

After school, students mostly take part in their club activities. Most clubs were sports, which were outside the school building. Meanwhile, those who are not in a club, they're not allowed to stay inside but they can roam around the school grounds without disturbing those who are practicing.

Roaming in the hallways after school was the secretary's job. She'd wander around until the school ends, and have a meeting with her fellow councilors after all students go home.

One day, the secretary visited the library during her daily inspection of the school.

"Kokonoi Hajime, you do know that staying inside the school without important reasons is not allowed, right? Unless you got the teacher's permission that is." The female spoke as soon as she saw her classmate. Though her tone wasn't serious and annoying to anyone's ears, not even Kokonoi would complain if she starts talking about school rules. She talked in a joking demeanor.

"But I do have an important reason!" Said the 14 years old Hajime and showed the secretary the book he was reading. Finance.

"Oh wow, your dream job or something? ー very unlikely of you, I thought you'd be a fortune teller or something." With the girl's statement, Kokonoi's third-year friend couldn't help but snort from the window.

"Okay, that one was very rude." Kokonoi rolled his eyes but laughed between his sentence.

"That's Inui by the way. I call him Inupi, he's one of my closest friends." He used his pen and pointed at the blonde-haired male who was sitting by the window.

"Oh, you're a third year? Should I call you Inui senpai? I should, right-" The girl sticky noticed the color of his indoor shoes which she automatically knew he was a year ahead of them.

"You should."

"There's no need-- call me Inupi or Inui, or Seishu, my first name." After hearing the word senpai, he instantly shook his head in refusal.

"Alright, Seishu." She was the first one to call him by his first name in an instant. Not like he minds though, the way the secretary called him by his first name made him feel butterflies in his stomach. He's totally good with it.

"How is it like to be in the third year? ー I've helped set the graduation ceremony recently, do you rehearse like how we did it back in elementary? Like, do we stand, sit, and clap for hours again?" The girl took a seat in front of the book registering computer, with the support of her elbows standing on the counter, she rested her chin on her palms as she asked her senior.

"Unfortunately, it's the same as we did in elementary. Walk slow, clap fast, stand, and sit. That's pretty much it. The ceremony finishes after everyone has said their speech, sing the national anthem, and make the teachers cry." Inui crossed his legs and proper his hands on his knees.

"Can't wait to see someone fainting again." Commented Kokonoi as he flipped through the pages of his book.

"(Last name), why are these two in here? ー it's not allowed." The trio then turned to the entrance. Kokonoi could only roll his eyes and wait for the person's scolding. Inui too thought the three of them were gonna receive teachings.

"Don't worry, pres. They got a permit."

(Last name) (name), the famous student council secretary, lied.