His Angels

After talking to her father, perhaps for the last time in her life, Hope joins her family, where they share old memories about her father.. Before the last dinner, which her family will have together.. She sat next to her aunt Freya when Elijah asked her intently "Where is Niklaus, Hope?"

"He said he'd follow me in a little while, justifying that there was something he should take care of" she replied calmly.

Elijah frowned, thinking what should his brother take care of.. Is he thinking of leaving again without saying goodbye.. He sighed heavily before heading to look for his brother.. He found him in his study room, sitting on one of the sofas, drawing in his sketchbook.. He took a deep breath and head to him, sitting next to him, looking at what grabs his brother's attention.

Elijah felt a tingling in his heart muscle when he saw him, expressing his broken heart in the way he is good at.. But the painting was really strange how his brother succeeded in imagining such a scene.. The page was divided in two halves in the upper half Camille was carrying a baby Hope.. The lower half where his brother is still drawing the details of what's going on in his mind.. Hope is standing and behind her is Camille.. Elijah hums faintly "Camille"

Klaus took a deep breath and said what surprised his brother "It's like she died yesterday, not years ago.. I still feel her presence, like I'm surrounded by her all the time"

Elijah didn't know what was the appropriate answer to his brother's talk, but he whispered "Maybe because she really loved you and her love touched your heart"

Klaus replied in a distant voice, his eyes not parting from his painting "She loved me, I know this.. You know what's worse, I feel her presence and cannot reach her or even touch her"

Klaus' words struck a sensitive chord in Elijah's soul as he mumbled sadly "I know how you feel very well"

Klaus was silent for a moment, then whispered with a broken smile "The first words she ever told me were a warning that she would break my heart.. I didn't take those words seriously but in the end she was right, as usual... and I ended with a heartbreak that feeds relentlessly on my soul"

And for the second time, Elijah does not find anything to answer his brother.. No words can relieve his brother's pain.. It is not a pain that can be cured, rather it is the kind of pain you learn to live with.. It is that pain one cannot let go of  no matter how much time passes.. And no matter how small it become day by day, it will still be there to show his ugly face from time to time.. To answer his brother with deep agony "Let's hope she is waiting for you"

"Do demons go where angels go?" Klaus laughed blankly.

Elijah almost answered his brother, who whispered "But I was a lucky demon who was gifted with two angels to correct the path of his life"

Elijah looked at Klaus' painting.. Of course his first angel is Hope, who gave him an incentive to be a good person.. And Camille, his second angel, who pushed him in every way to be a better person for his first angel.. To say in a joking tone to break the sadness invaded the air around them "And you were an obedient demon, brother"

Klaus laughed faintly before saying brokenly "Yes, so I lost her before even having her.. My other angel, I couldn't live with her and watch her grow up.. And now I would happily die for her"

Elijah frowned sadly, thinking about the cause that triggered his brother's memories and sorrow.. Maybe it's his upcoming death.. He asks, trying to take his brother's mind away from his bad memories "A wonderful painting, brother.. The upper half, I think it really happened.. But the lower half, how did it come to your mind to put Camille and Hope in the same picture?"