01: Precautions

"Are you good?"- Allison said as soon as Hailey walked to the front of the bus, rubbing her eyes as a groggy expression couldn't even be concealed. A deep breath escaped her lips, but she still smiled sweetly at the crew that was all seated on the couch going over Justin's daily schedule.

"Rough night"- she answered and giggled right after- "Sorry for the mood, guys. I'm exhausted".

"Is everything alright?"- Scooter said, looking up from the paper and at her.

"I'm not sure, Scoot. Justin couldn't sleep right; he coughed and turned the whole night".

Everyone frowned. At the table sat Scooter, Allison, Nick (DeMoura), Mama Jan, and now, Hailey. All the discussion about the concert, interview, and press that Justin needed to do for the day was suddenly skipped. After Hailey's statement, all they cared about was how Justin would awake that morning.

"Did you give him something? Any medicine? He's supposed to sing tonight"- Mama Jan asked, stressing over how specific medicine could ruin his vocal cords and should be avoided right before a concert.

"Nah. I just made him take a hot shower and rubbed some Vicky on his chest"- she thought for a second "Oh, he drank some grey tea with honey, as well".

"Well, it's almost nine, I'm going to get the boy up"- Allison said after a while, standing up.

"I'm going to call Laura"- Scooter mentioned and immediately got his phone off his pocket.

 Laura Helzer was our tour nurse. Since Justin was diagnosed with both Lyme disease and Epstein- Barr, Laura was called on tour to keep a close eye on his health and provide all the care and treatment that he needed. Justin only says he deals okay with being sick, but he doesn't. Thank God he loved Laura and was comfortable with her taking care of him.

There was only time for Hailey to sit down and get not more than two emails done on her iPad before she heard Allison calling:

"We've got a sick boy calling his beloved wife"- she said with a small smile. Hailey 'awed' and got up instantly, rushing over to the room on the back of the bus.

The bedroom was still kind of dark, only a tiny lamp illuminating Justin's body over the bed. Hailey could partially see his tired expression as she sat down on the edge of the bed, right next to Allison, but closer to her husband. She smiled and caressed his warm cheek as he squinted his eyes open.

"Good morning, baby"- she whispered and pecked his lips before patting his legs thru the heavy blanket.

"Hey, goo goo"- his voice reported how crappy he felt. He shut his eyes back tight and whimpered.

"Laura is coming, alright Jay?"- Allison said as she frowned. Justin rubbed his face in frustration with both his hands and when he finally stopped, the two women noticed his flushed cheeks and groggy expression- "I know, buddy. I can't believe you're getting sick again".

After a moment, Justin and Hailey were left alone. She hopped on the bed and sat next to him, it took just a second for his head to be laid on the crossed legs. She leaned against the headboard and adjusted her loose hoodie before running her fingers thru his soft blond locks.

"I love you"- she whispered, and he smiled. Despite feeling like shit, he couldn't be happier. He said a small 'love you too' back, before letting the slumber take over his body. What only felt like an instant after, was half an hour, and Hailey gently shook him awake.

"Laura is here to check you up, baby"- she said in a small voice as he moved away from her, trying to ignore her words- "Do you want her to come here or you're going up front?"