He sits up as if trying to follow the smell. "The scent is sweet," Taehyung breathes in lightly. "Don't you smell it?"

Seokjin blinks, smelling no such scent. He turns his head, looking around in an attempt to find the source of this scent that is blind to him. His eyes land on the mirror just as Taehyung leans closer to him. "You.."

Seokjin whips his head back, meeting Taehyung's face which slowly contorts into confusion and then realization. "Are you..." Taehyung pauses, his face is blank and that worries Seokjin even more. "Are you in heat?" he finishes quietly.

Seokjin's eyes widen and he immediately stands up, running to the door. "Seokjin!" he hears Taehyung call after him as he runs out.

Seokjin feels tears in his eyes as he feels pain accompany every part of him. His mind is screaming at him to turn around and run into the arms of Taehyung. Yet, this thought only makes him hate the idea more because he knows that it's only the omega in him.

He doesn't want it to happen again. He doesn't want to be associated with an alpha again, no matter who it is. Taehyung is an alpha.

He attempts to take another step but fails. His knees wobble and he struggles to stay on his feet as pain twists in his abdomen. "Seokjin!" Behind him is Taehyung, whose face is lined with concern. His eyes are wide but lost as they are of no use to him. "Seokjin!" he calls again desperately.

Seokjin's breathing is loud in his ears as he looks at Taehyung and then away. He turns his back to the alpha, ready to start running again. Yet, his first step is uncoordinated. Combined with the pain in his abdomen and headache, he tumbles to the ground.

This gives away his spot because Taehyung darts over to him, tripping, but not falling. "Seokjin..." Taehyung's arms are open, searching for him. Seokjin can't respond. He can only lift his hand, meeting Taehyung's.

Relief fills Taehyung's eyes and in a swift move, he hooks his arms under Seokjin's back and knees, lifting him. Seokjin's pain ease and he leans into Taehyung's hold.

~~~~

Seokjin hasn't spoken a word since they came back to the tiny house. The pain is less evident in his head, but still prominent in his abdomen.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Taehyung breaks the silence. They're sitting on the mat, side by side, with Taehyung blocking his exit to the door.

"It's none of your business," Seokjin whispers, eyeing the door.

"None of my business?" Taehyung repeats. He scoffs under his breath. "You're my caretaker. Of course, it's my business. What if something happened to you?"

Seokjin's eyes fall to the ground, agreeing with Taehyung. If something happened to him, then he wouldn't be able to help Taehyung.

Softer, Taehyung adds, "Besides...isn't it bad for you to...not acknowledge your heat?"

"So what if it is?" Seokjin retorts like a moody teenager when really, he just wants to get away and hide his vulnerability from Taehyung. Following that thought, he gets up, but before he can take a step, Taehyung takes hold of his wrist, pulling him back down.

"Would you please stop running from me?" he asks, lowly. He turns to face Seokjin, "Please?"

Seokjin stares, feeling mixed feelings at his request. Taehyung parts his lips and then closes them. With nothing, but the silence between them, Seokjin can hear it as Taehyung gulps. Then, he parts his lips again, "I can..." He wets his lips, in a nervous gesture. "I can help you."

Seokjin's eyes enlarge and heat rushes up to his face. "Y-you don't need t-to," he says in a stuttering mess.

Taehyung shakes his head. "It's..fine, really. I just don't want you to...be in a lot of pain. After all, you already helped me out so much. I feel like I need to reciprocate in some...way." Pink finds itself on both of their faces at Taehyung's offer.