Chapter 14 | puzzle.

"So you're telling me, you've been awake and roaming around all day?" Teddy repeated, amazed.

"Yes, all day. And I feel no different to how I usually am at night" Ahkmenrah replied.

The main gang huddled around the tablet, and your hand out on the table showing the marking. Having printed out your findings, you laid them out as well.

"It does look exactly like the picture, you're right... maybe there's something about this in all the carvings" Larry suggested, comparing the eye in the depictions of Ahkmenrah to the one on your hand.

"I didn't even think of that, good idea" you replied.

You handed the papers to Ahk, who give them a quick flip through to see how many photos there were.

"Can you read them?" You asked.

"I should be able to, unless something is missing or worn down" he replied.

Scanning through the pictures of the tomb, all the hieroglyphs on the walls and pictures depicting stories he tried to make sense of. Some he recognised immediately, as they were common in his time.

"These ones are just the creation of life story and the burial rituals, so nothing out of the ordinary" he said, flipping to the next page.

No one else could read the glyphs, but still looked over his shoulder in fascination.

"This wall is my family tree, there's details about my birth, reign and my parents" he muttered, again flipping to the next page.

The next page had the wall with the carvings of Khonsu you identified before, and you eagerly pointed to the carving to identify it.

"This is Khonsu, I made that connection earlier" you said.

"It is! Well done (y/n), you know your gods" he smiled.

Something about the phrase 'well done' felt so nice, especially from Ahk. You wanted to giggle and kick your legs like a kid in joy.

"This section here is praising Khonsu, and this part here is... where the tablet was. It was on the wall with Khonsu? Must be because of his association with the moon, and the tablet working at night" Ahkmenrah pondered.

"I was thinking the tablet had something to do with Khonsu when I noticed that, maybe he's the one that powers it? Your family worships him right?" You asked.

"We do, yes. Maybe it is his doing, my father was very adamant about praising him"

Flipping the page again, the photos were of the same wall but over to the right, where a massive block of glyphs was carved from top to bottom of the tomb.

"This is... about the tablet. Mostly stuff we already know, it working at night, it being for me, it's power to call those under it's influence to it... unsurprisingly it seems my father didn't put any major secrets on the walls to keep it secret from my brother" Ahk sighed.

On the last page were close ups of a few of the pillars that were also decorated with carvings and hieroglyphs. Ahk needed to bring the page up a bit closer to read the smaller writing, and once deciphered he seemed rather intrigued.

"Interesting... I don't recall ever having a discussion like this with my parents..." he muttered.

"What's it say?" You asked.

"It's a poem.
Upon the rise of the sun,
The light touches the land.
Upon the rise of the moon,
The darkness cools the sand.
Under the stars they dance,
Two souls become one.
And when the sun rises again,
The deed is done"