Chapter 10 | contest.

Exited was an understatement. You were bursting to get to the museum tonight, not only because you wanted to see what Larry ended up doing with the cat, but you wanted to see Ahkmenrah again.

After that kiss, you just couldn't stop thinking about him. And maybe it was all your thinking about him that manifested your next cool thing, your art teacher wanted to submit your portrait into a competition. You knew Ahk would be exited about that too.

So the second night fell you rushed your way over to the museum, snuck in the side door as usual and skidded down the halls to find where everyone was hanging out for the night. And of course because you were running in the hallways, Rexy assumed that meant playtime. He jumped out in front of you, wagging his bone tail.

"Hey Rexy! Where's the gang huh? Where are they?" You asked.

Seemingly understanding, he reached down and picked you up by your shirt, both shocking you and making you laugh.

"Ahah! You're gonna take me there are you?" You snickered.

He carried you down the hallways, entering into the main entrance room where most of the exhibits were up and roaming.

"Uh- Larry" Teddy spoke up, spotting you dangling from the dinosaurs mouth.

Larry turned and almost got whiplash at the sight.

"HEY! Rexy, drop them! Gently!" He demanded.

"Ah it's fine, I asked him to take me to you guys anyway" you laughed.

"Drop them... Rexy I swear-"

Completely ignoring the gentle part, since he literally didn't even have a brain to think things through, he simply opened his mouth and dropped you. The group was quick to rush over and catch you before you hit the ground, and you landed awkwardly with Sacajawea holding one arm, Larry holding a leg and Ahk with his arms under yours.

"Thanks guys, that would have hurt" you laughed.

Putting you down properly, you caught your balance again and pulled on your shirt to readjust it. Larry sighed, turning to the dinosaur.

"What did I say about gentle?" He said.

Rexy just shook his tail wanting to play fetch. So Larry rolled his eyes and picked up the bone, tossing is down the hall for Rexy to scramble after.

"You ok?" Ahkmenrah asked.

"I'm fine, that was kind of fun actually. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. Guess what?" You replied, practically bursting with joy.

"Uh... what?"

"My portrait of you is being entered into a competition! My teacher thought it was good enough to place in the top three if I entered!"

"Really? See I told you it was amazing!" He smiled.

"All your practice and hard work is paying off (y/n), I'm sure you'll have art hanging in this very museum one day" Teddy congratulated.

"Ahh, I don't know about that. But who knows maybe I'll win this and get some cred in the art world. I have to write a short description about it, which I plan on doing later tonight. With Ahk's help of course, the portrait is of him"

Ahk smiled, glad to be of help. And to have an excuse to spend more time with you.

"I'd be happy to help- oh-" he replied, but was cut off by the feeling of something pulling his cape.

Turning to face it, the cat from last night had wandered on over and began to kneed at the cape trying to make a nice spot to sit.

"Oh he's still here, how'd you manage that?" You asked.