Chapter 3

Walking into the firehouse, Jay only had one thing on his mind: his mate. He was so excited they finally found her and he couldn't wait to meet her. As soon as he received Matt's text he rushed towards the firehouse.

Meeting Kelly in front of the firehouse, he was quickly introduced to the group of four as detective Jay Halstead. Jay would be guiding them at the Police station, but Kelly said that he wanted to see what they had in store before they came down to the precinct. Of course Kelly knew Jay was here for a completely different reason, they didn't need to know that. Kelly told Jay via mind link that their mate was in the common room with Matt but would be coming here in a minute so Jay decided it would be best to stay in place with Kelly.

The guys were going to climb the ladder to the roof and take the stairs back to the garage floor and it would be timed, so they were excited. Michelle and Matt showed up right on time and Michelle told the four "winner gets to decide where we order tonight", making them all turn a bit more serious, wanting to choose dinner this evening. They usually had fun little games to decide what to eat on take-out Friday but most times Michelle would participate as well. "You trying too, aunt M?" Archie asked his aunt, making her deny and say "Definitely not, bud. I'm terrified of heights so you better win for the both of us" she joked, knowing that she and Archie usually chose the same when they won on take-out Fridays.

"Michelle?" Kelly interrupted the joking pair "This is detective Jay Halstead from Chicago PD. He will be with you guys when you go to the precinct and show you around" "Nice to meet you. I'm Michelle Andrews" she told Jay, sticking out her hand for him to shake. But, like Matt and Kelly he chose to kiss her hand, making her blush again. "Pleasure to meet you, Michelle" Jay said, making her heart go crazy again by him saying her name. It sounded so good hearing it come from his mouth. "You can stay with Jay while Kelly and I help the boys with the drill" Matt told her, softly caressing her arm before walking off towards the ladder while Kelly went to the roof so he could help the guys up if necessary.

After cheering on the boys, Nathan came out as the winner. Seeing as they all had went, Matt called out for Michelle "Michelle, you're up!" "Oh no, I'm fine right here" Michelle told him, not wanting to say that she was terrified of heights to a firefighter. "It's fun, Elle" Nate told her, making her turn towards him and say " I believe you, no need to try" she said dismissively before continuing "maybe we should move on" making Matt walk towards her and ask "Are you afraid of heights?" making her say "What? No, of course not" not very convincingly. "Come on then" he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the ladder. "No no no no, it's- I- okay fine. I'm afraid of heights, alright?" she caved, making him stop pulling her and turn towards her. "What if I join you? Jay can hold the ladder and Kelly will help you up. I'll be right behind you. I'd hate for you to miss out." "I- uh- I guess?" "Great. Jay! Can you hold the ladder. I'm going up with Michelle" Matt told Jay, who immediately walked towards the ladder to hold it tightly for his mate. "You got this" he told her when she stood in front of him. "I definitely don't but thanks" she told him, making him laugh a bit at her scared face. "Come on sweetheart, nice and easy" Matt told her, right behind her on the ladder. This continued on for a bit until they were almost on the roof. "You know, I'm fine, we can just stay here" she told Matt after she accidentally looked down towards the ground. "Don't look at the ground, sweetheart. Look at Kelly. You can almost grab his hand. Just one more" Matt told her, making her look up at Kelly's concerned gaze. He wanted nothing more than to swoop down and help her up, but he knew she would need to do this herself. As soon as she would be close enough, he would take her hand and lift her unto the roof. "Just one more" Matt said again, making her go one more step up, before she felt the warm hands of Kelly Severide grabbing her hand from the ladder and lifting her up on the roof, Matt joining soon after. "See? Well done, sweetheart. I'm proud of you" Matt told her, giving her a hug, before letting Kelly hug her as well. "Great job, princess. Now look at the view" he told her after letting her go, making her look at the view before getting scared again and taking Kelly's hand in hers, which made him put his arm around her waist and say "Calm down, I got you" before he walked her towards the staircase which made her feel a lot more at ease. "Thank you" she told the both of them before walking down to the cheering of the four boys and Jay. "Thank you, thank you" she joked, taking a small bow, making Kelly and Matt laugh as well.

After they did a couple of other drills, luckily for Michelle, on the ground, the group joined the rest of the class for a couple of last questions lead by chief Boden. Michelle stood with Jay, Kelly and Matt by the squad table and was leaning against Jay's shoulder which made him wrap his arm around her shoulders, making her blush again, but not pull away. The four were talking until they were interrupted once again by the annoyingly loud voice of coach Finstock. "Andrews!" he yelled, making Michelle think he meant her nephew until he yelled again "Other Andrews!" making Michelle moan in annoyance before turning her attention towards the coach, making Kelly, Matt and Jay annoyed at the interruption. They were just getting to know their mate. "What is it coach?" Michelle asked, masking her annoyance with a fake smile. "There was a question from the class asking how firefighters carried people out and I think you would be the best volunteer to be carried around." "Thanks, I guess?" Michelle said unsure. "Come on. Firefighter Cruz will show us how to-" "I got it" Kelly said, before picking up Michelle by her waist and carrying her in his arms bridal style making her squeal as she didn't expect to be lifted. "When a firefighter rescues a person, they usually carry them out bridal style, as this is the most comfortable position for them. However, if they need to get down a ladder or something like that, one firefighter will hand the other one the person and they will be put over their shoulder." Kelly explained, handing Michelle off to Matt who lifted her over his shoulder and demonstrated how he had one hand free to do what he wanted. Putting her down gently, Matt's hands lingered a bit on Michelle's hips as Kelly's shirt rode up while she was over his shoulder.

The next question was already being answered so no one was paying attention to the staring contest that was taking place while Matt still hadn't let go of Michelle's waist, making sparks fly where he was touching her. Snapping out of it, Michelle gave Matt a smile, before stepping out of his embrace, much to his dismay. However, she held out her hand for him to take so they could walk back towards the table where Jay and Kelly were watching the pair, hand-in-hand.

Settling back into her spot next to Jay with his arm around her, while still holding Matt's hand she felt weird. But for now, she decided to brush that feeling off as she would only be here for a few more hours.