Chapter 1

Today was the day of the field trip to Firehouse 51 and District 21. Archie and his friends were excited seeing as they wouldn't have to sit in class all day today. His aunt had just dropped him off at the Firehouse where most of his friends already were, waiting for the activities to start. The only one missing was his best friend, Reggie Mantle. This made Archie a bit worried, seeing as Reggie stayed at his dad's place last night instead of with him and his aunt. You see, Reggie's dad has loose hands so it wasn't strange to see Reggie walking around with a black eye or with bruises on his arms. Seeing as he was part of the football team, it wasn't strange for him to walk around bruised but these bruises did not come from his extracurricular activities. His friends have told Reggie he has to talk to the police, but Reggie doesn't want to be known as the kid with the abusive father. That's why he spends most of his nights at Archie's place where he is more than welcome. He only stays over at his dad's place two nights a week at max. 

Walking up to the group, Archie, Nate and Luke immediately noticed the fresh bruises around Reggie's left eye, making them sigh and look at each other. Archie was the first one to speak up "Hey man, you okay?" he asked his best friend, making Reggie look at him sadly, before saying "You think aunt Michelle minds me staying at yours tonight?" "Of course not. She told me that you were always welcome to stay at ours. She even gave you a house key" Archie assured the boy, making him sigh in relief before fist bumping his friend and saying his thanks. "Hey Arch, do you think aunt Michelle minds if we stay  as well? Mom and dad are out of town for the weekend" Nathan asked Archie, making him answer "Again, you're always welcome to stay with us. That goes for all of you." "Don't you need to ask her?" Lucas questioned, making Archie say "Last time I asked her she said, and I quote 'You don't have to ask me because my answer will always be yes they can stay.'" Archie answered, making Nate, Luke and Reggie smile at him, almost hearing Michelle say it herself. 

"Everyone, inside please" Coach Finstock called, making the group move towards the entrance of the Firehouse. Quickly taking seats next to each other, and saying hi to their other friends, Coach got started with the mandatory introduction talk. "So, we're here today on the invitation of the Chicago Fire Department and later today we will be going to District 21 where we will be on the invitation of the Chicago Police Department. I expect all of you to behave accordingly and listen carefully to the people in charge. We have made small groups so you will get more chance to speak to the firefighters and policemen if you have any questions." Then Coach proceeded to call out the groups and their school-appointed attendant saving Archie's group for last "and lastly, I have Nathan Scott, Lucas Scott, Archie Andrews and Reggie Mantle with mrs. Bradley. Mrs. Bradley?" Coach asked when he couldn't find her. Grumbling something, Coach grabbed his phone saying he would try to call the school asking for mrs. Bradley. 

"Well it appears that mrs. Bradley couldn't make it today." Coach grumbled annoyed after finishing his phone call, before turning towards Archie. "Andrews! Can you call your aunt and ask if she could come here and be your little delinquent group's attendant?" making Archie snort, before saying he would ask her. "Does she need to bring anything?" "Tell her to bring some work-out clothes as the accompanying adults will participate in the drills" Coach said, making Archie call his aunt. "She'll be here in ten." "Well then, you and your friends can sit at the table and wait for her to show. Tell her to come see me when she gets here so I can explain. Do not touch anything" Coach said, before following a couple of firefighters towards a room inside the Firehouse with his group for some explanation. 

Luitenant Matthew Casey and firefighter Joe Cruz were first appointed to Archie's group so they joined the group at the table, introducing themselves. "So tell us a bit about yourselves while we wait for your accompanying adult" Cruz said, making the boys laugh a little. "Well, I'm Archie, this is Nathan, Lucas and Reggie. We're all juniors at Chicago High and yeah that's it I guess." "What about your families?" Cruz continued asking, making Archie look a bit sad, before answering "well, my parents died in a car crash when I was 11 years old, my aunt Michelle, who was 21 at the time, stepped up and took me in and I've been living with her for the past five years." "I'm sorry to hear that" Casey told the boy, making him say "Don't be. Yes, it sucks that my parents died, but aunt Michelle is amazing." "I second that" Reggie said, making Casey and Cruz turn towards the boy before he continued "Michelle is like an aunt to all of us. I don't really have a good relationship with my old man, so I usually stay at Archie's. Michelle gave me a key, bought me a bed and everything" Reggie beamed, before Luke added "don't forget that she bought a bunkbed for us as well so we can stay over at the same time when our parents are out of town. She didn't want us on the couch because that would hurt our backs." Lucas directed the last part to the two firefighters. The four guys had a smile on their face, thinking about everything Michelle had done for them. She even moved to Chicago so Archie wouldn't have to change schools. "Well, she sounds like an amazing woman" Cruz told the four, making Matt agree with him. She really does, Matt thought to himself, before he smelled the most amazing scent ever. "We'll be right back" Matt said, pulling Cruz with him a bit further from the group of boys so they could talk freely. "What's up, luitenant?" Cruz asked, making Matt clench his eyes shut before opening them again and Cruz saw they were glowing. "What's going on?" he asked again, making Matt grunt out "My mate's here". 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.