61 | funeral & second choice

Start from the beginning

"come on matt.. you know." she looks back up.

he sighs.

"no actually i don't so if you don't explain to me then i'll leave." his hands clutched the car keys.

jolene sits next to him facing his direction.

"did you ever give me a nickname?" her voice asked softly.

his eyebrows furrow.

"uh no i.. i don't think so." he try's remembering but it didn't hit his head cause he didn't have one.

"did you ever kiss me?" jolene asks another.

matt couldn't help lift the right side of his mouth remembering indies kiss.

"yeah i did." he told her the truth.

"in public?" her eyebrows raise at the deadly words.

he gulps not remembering if it was true.

"i-i don't know." matt itched his head.

"did you ever braid my hair?"

"braid you- jolene what're you trying to say." he grew frustrated.

"just answer it." she hummed.

"no i didn't braid your hair."

"you never affected how you feel towards me, you never hugged me or any of that shit, never have i seen you tell me i look pretty." jolene rubs her eyes softly.

"me though? i did everything i tried looking best for you, i-i tried changing my humor so you could laugh at my jokes,"

"i dyed my hair red for fucks sake!"

she screams pointing to her redhair.

"i did it because i thought you would like me more." she told him with a harsh tone.

"why the hell would i like you more if you had red hair?!" matt asks so confused.

"matt." she mumbles in a knowing tone.

"what?"

"you know what i'm talking about."

"jolene i think i'm gonna leave." this conversation was leading him.

"matt."

"it's indie." her voice perks holding his shoulders.

he shook his head away.

"matt you can deny it all you fucking want, but i was your girlfriend i saw the way you looked at her then to me." jolene screams.

"i saw the way you tried your best to make her smile, i saw how you bought her that record when she was mad at you." the girl shook her head with a smile on her face.

"i dont know what your saying." he goes to the door gulping his spit.

"matthew."

"i tried to be your idea of perfect."

"but everyone sees how you spell it. and it doesn't start with a p it starts with i, and holy did i try to make it start with j but i know it's for the best." she bit her lip sadly.

"i loved you, i did. but you didn't love me." she holds onto his face.

"i swear if i could i would take back all those days i spent trying to make you happy, when in reality i should have told you that the person you where looking for was right here." the redhead smiles to him knowingly.

"jolene i would never lead you on." he shook his head aggressively.

"i would never love someone else when with you." he nods.