Prologue

---
I've always had this oh-so-complicated life no one's ever noticed.

"Ishla?" I rolled my eyes as the new teacher mentioned my name. I went to her and took my test that she was handing.

"Thanks. And oh, it's Aila." I corrected her and went back to my seat. I was about to play with my necklace when remembered I still haven't found it.

"Hey, Sab?" I whispered. Sabrina, my best friend, looked at me. "Did you find my necklace yet?" I asked in a whispered tone. Her face dropped and pouted. "I'm sorry, Sammy. I still haven't found it." I slightly smiled at her and said "It's okay. We'll find it sometime."

We were in the middle of our lesson when the door opened. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was. Our teacher was supposed to yell at him when he cut her off. "I know, I'm late. you don't have to tell me." he said in a blank tone and went to his seat. When he passed by me, he looked at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes.

Jerk.

The one and only, Blake Johnson. The jerk, the player, the bad boy, and the quarterback in one. I never really talked to him but since my brother is part of the football team, and I eat lunch with them, I see him almost everyday.

I felt my phone vibrate so I sneaked it out to check who messaged me. I saw Dakota's user pop out my screen.

Dakota:
The hot QB is late again. Wonder what happened?

I turned around to see Dakota and my eyes caught Blake. Lipstick stains on his shirt's collar and some hickeys on his neck and collar bone. I shrugged and looked at my phone again.

Yshla:
Idk. Probably got laid again somewhere god-knows-where.

As I pressed send, I heard our teacher call my name. "Ms. Yshla Hunter, I hope you're aware of the 'No phones during class' policy?" She asked me, finally pronouncing my name right. "Yes, Ms. Heilwhich." I said and kept my phone in my jeans' back pocket.

The class was soon over and Dakota and Sabrina went to my seat while I was keeping my stuff. "So, Mr. Hot-QB was late again." Dakota said putting his hand on his hips. "And he winked at you, Sammy-Girl." Sabrina said in a teasing tone. I rolled my eyes

I stood and looked at them. "Puh-lease. He always does that. I mean, to everyone." I replied and started to walk away. In my peripheral vision, I saw them look at each other while grinning and followed my steps.

"Don't you think he's cute?"
"No."
"You guys will look soooo cute together."
"No." I rolled my eyes. "OMG! Did you see his hickeys?" Sabrina asked while we were walking to the cafeteria. "Yes. And I am ready to strangle that bimbo who gave him those!" Dakota replied and pretended to choke someone in the air.

"Will you guys stop talking about him?" I asked in a tired tone. "Ooooh okay." Sabrina replied and I saw Dakota smirk. "What about Grayson?" He asked me. My face dropped. "Grayson's dating Brooklyn." Their jaw dropped and stopped for a moment, but started to catch up with my pace again.

"Are you serious?" Sabrina asked me, concerned. I sighed. "Yup." I replied. I've liked Grayson since we were in 7th grade. Last week, he told me he likes me too, but yesterday, I got this news that he's dating the leader of the cheer team, Brooklyn May.