𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
juliet's point of view

"Oh my god, she's here!" Katie cheers. "Juliet, come here!"

I wave as I walk onto the sand toward the group of three girls.

"This is Riley, and you know Summer," Katie says with a smile.

Riley waves. "Nice to meet you, Juliet."

I nod. "You too."

"What are we waiting for?" Summer shouts. "I'm getting in!"

I start to laugh until she quickly strips all of her clothes off. They failed to mention that we were skinny dipping.

She tumbles into the water in a fit of giggles, making Katie and Riley quickly follow her steps, but I stay frozen.

"Come on, Juliet!" Katie says as she follows Riley into the water.

I wait until they're all either underwater or faced away to step out of my clothes. It's dark out, but I still don't like the idea of doing this when I don't even know them.

As I run toward the water, Summer looks at me before cupping her hands around her mouth. "Owh, owh!" she yelps with a giggle. "I see you, Juliet."

I laugh nervously as I quickly cover myself in the dark abyss.

"I wish my boobs sat like yours." Katie splashes me with water. "Lucky bitch."

"Girl's got an assss on her, too! Like, damn!" Riley says as she swims over to us.

My eyes widen at their compliments. "Really?"

Riley nudges my leg with her foot. "Hell yeah."

"Everyone knows Rafe's an ass guy, but I never thought he'd practically win the lottery," Summer says with shock in her voice.

Katie splashes Summer with water, but not in a playful way. It looked personal.

"Shit." She covers her mouth to stifle a laugh. "Forgot, sorry."

I look back and forth between them, but nobody says a word. "What?"

Riley looks at Katie before responding. "Katie and Rafe used to..."

"Oh, right, Rafe told me he used to fuck around a lot," I say quickly, not even realizing how passive-aggressive it sounded until the words have already left my mouth.

"Don't worry, Katie," Summer says, ignoring me. "You have a good ass, too."

She looks completely relieved that she finally received a compliment. Summer saying that Rafe won the lottery with me must've really bothered her.

✧ ˚  ·    .
rafe's point of view

"I looked everywhere, Dad. I swear," I say, embarrassed that I couldn't find the gun.

"I know, Rafe, I'm not mad. I just..."

I stare at the floor in fear before looking up at him quickly. "If the Pogues end up finding the gun, can't we just say that John B stole it?"

His eyes light up. "Yes, yes, he lived here. He's stolen from me in the past, it makes perfect sense." He laughs with relief. "But, uh... what about the car?"

I shrug. "I left the car on the tarmac."

"Oh my god, that's perfect," he says lightly, taking the figurative weight off of my shoulders. "Thank you, Rafe. I knew I could count on you."

I nod as I try to hide the proud smile that I feel inside of me. Once he turns around, though, the feeling of joy almost instantly turns into regret.

"Listen, bud, I need to fly out to the Bahamas tomorrow," he says suddenly before turning back to face me. "Will you come with me?"