𝟷𝟿 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 | 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎

Start from the beginning

Takemichi furrowed his eyebrows, "but... there's no way Mikey would do such a thing! There must've been someone pulling strings – like Kisaki," he accused, once again shutting down the idea that Mikey was truely behind the horrific occurrences caused by Toman.

"While you were held captive Pah-chin and Peh-yan were killed, which was ordered by Mikey himself," Kazutora countered, shaking his head as he frowned, "and Mitsuya has been missing for months. From what I've heard from Chifuyu, Emma was believed to be the cause of [y/n]'s death, and Mikey never trusted a soul again – not even his friends," he continued. 

The revelation had Takemichi clenching his jaw, turning to glare out the window of the van. 

Kazutora carried on after a brief pause, "Mikey began purging everyone; went bat shit crazy. He's dangerous... but I want to talk with him, tell him that he needs to leave those people," he confesses, and Takemichi turned to him in surprise, "if he doesn't, he'll completely loose himself. I want to save him – I want to do what [y/n] would've done."

Takemichi's lips parted, feeling a sense of empowerment, "I want to save Mikey too."

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

The next few hours that proceeded felt like a lucid dream. One moment Takemichi was watching the scenery from the window of Kazutora's van, and the next he was staring down at his cuffed wrists, now situated in an interrogation room. 

Takemichi had been arrested by Naoto, who was seated adjacent him, silently typing something on his laptop before swivelling the device to face him. 

"This is a video captured secretly by Chifuyu," Naoto explains, index finger tapping the space key to play the video.

Takemichi instantly deduced that the person seen in the video was none other than himself.

Naoto then continues, analysing Takemichi's expression as the audio of the video began to ring through the room, "we haven't spoken since middle school. Your actions have dramatically changed the future; Hinata was still killed by Atsushi's car. Chifuyu and myself have been working together to avenge her death," he explains. 

As Naoto spoke, Takemichi could hear his own voice, who seemed to order something as he slammed his fist down onto a table. 

"I had no choice but to arrest you, Takemichi," Naoto states, tone dropping, "you had Atsushi carry out the assassination ordered by Kisaki, although you don't specifically say the target's identity in this clip."

Naoto then paused the video, flicking across to the next tab to show a different recorded video, Takemichi now seeing himself disheveled and on the floor. His black hair was now raked out of place, tie loosed around his neck, and a crazed look adorning his features. 

Pressing play, Naoto began to clarify the situation, "you later found out that the target was Hinata," as he explained, Takemichi felt the sensation of bile growing and tears forming in his eyes at watching himself having a meltdown, "although the videos give evidence of Kisaki's involvement, Chifuyu hid these to protect you."

At the revelation, Takemichi began to break, "I'm so fucking useless – all their deaths... they're all my fault," his voice croaked at the emotions rising, his nails cutting into his palms from balling his fists. 

Naoto jumps forwards at Takemichi's response, wrapping his arms around his neck in an embrace, "you're not useless," he states firmly, hiding his own tears that began to fall, "not only did you save my life, but you also shaped Toman as it is now, from the influence of Draken, [y/n], Chifuyu, Kazutora, Baji..." he listed out names, each sending a pang through Takemichi's heart. 

Pulling back, Naoto looked directly into Takemichi's eyes, "change the world, Takemichi. I believe that you are the only one who can change the future," he declares, confidence shining through every word. 

"I thought things would be different if I was closer to the top of Toman; but Hinata was still killed," Takemichi says, revealing his thought process. 

Naoto nodded his head, "I believe that Kisaki has an obsession over Hinata as he's killed her in every timeline," he divulges. 

The idea sent a wave of shock through Takemichi, but before he could respond, a sharp knock was heard at the interrogation door. 

"We don't have much time, you're going to be taken to a detention centre making these meetings difficult," Naoto states hurriedly, lifting his hand up in a gesture for Takemichi to shake.

Takemichi nodded his head in understanding, "find what happened between you and Kisaki," Naoto orders as Takemichi manoeuvred around the cuffs to take Naoto's hand. 

The familiar sensation gripped at Takemichi's consciousness with a new determination setting in as he thought over his enemies; Kisaki and The Black Dragons. As he felt his world tip backwards, Takemichi swore to remove them from Toman and save those he cared for.  

| 1613 words |