𝟷𝟿 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 | 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎

Start from the beginning

Takemichi stayed silent as he hung his head low, unsure of how to respond to his question. 

"I didn't want to save you–" Kazutora then states, and Takemichi's head shoots back up, "I... I just wanted to save Chifuyu," his voice began to crack, Kazutora's features falling into a melancholic state as tears began to slip. 

"Chifuyu – he fought alone all these years, and what the fuck were you doing?" Kazutora continues, tone becoming angry and accusatory, "Toman got bigger and became all wrong, while you just became servile to Kisaki."

Takemichi felt the shame build, weighing him down like a sack of bricks, realising that he had become so warped in between time leaps that Chifuyu couldn't rely on him. 

"After [y/–," Kazutora states, however unable to finish her name as his voice broke, eyes watering as he sucked in a harsh breath, "after [y/n]... the only hope was Draken, but he ended up on death row and then Mikey disappeared," Kazutora explained, as Takemichi's head clouded over with the day of February 22. 

"Mikey wanted to create a new age for delinquents," Kazutora says after a paused, voice hushing down to a whisper, "but then he wanted Toman to grow – drugs, prostitution, gambling, illegal casinos and money laundering... Toman committed every crime you could imagine."

Kazutora's eyes hardened into a glare onto Takemichi, "but this isn't... this isn't what Mikey said he wanted to create! This isn't the Toman [y/n] and Baji wanted to protect!" Kazutora then yells, tears now free falling from both of the males, "the Toman I loved wasn't like this, it wasn't what the founders envisioned... it was supposed to be beautiful."

Kazutora took another pause, shifting his gaze towards the sunrise across the city, clouds becoming soft shades of orange and pink. 

"Yeah... it was going to be beautiful," Kazutora spoke dreamily, heart aching at what could've been. 

Takemichi followed to where Kazutora was watching, the morning sun washing over his face and bringing back the warmth that was lost, "let's take Toman back," Takemichi declares.

Without looking away, Kazutora replies, "yeah, let's take Toman back," he vows. 

And so, Kazutora and Takemichi stared off at the rising sun, although both making different plans on how they're going to restore Toman.   

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Takemichi now sat in the passenger seat of Kazutora's van, taking short glances at the male driving. 

There was a heavy silence that seemed to grow between the two, until Takemichi decided to break it, clearing his throat, "Kazutora-san... my head is a bit muddled, so can you tell me how things got so bad?" Takemichi questions, playing off the odd request. 

Kazutora continued to focus on driving as he spoke, "it's Mikey's fault," he responds, and Takemichi let out an audible gasp of shock, "Toman is the way it is because of Mikey."