A Monstrous Mistake Pt. 4

Previously on Grojband...

"Get. OUT!!!!"

"AAAAHHHH!!!"

Laney, hands raised, jumped for the teens right as the trio scattered. Konnie dropped her phone and lifted her net launcher.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Nets flew everywhere as Carrie joined in. Their target, though, was fast. After a quick puff of smoke, Laney switched into her bat form and dove for Carrie. The guitarist readied herself until-

-A piece of garlic was tossed to the blunette's feet. The bat stopped mid-air and began to cough and wheeze at the smell. Carrie turned to her right to find Larry who had been the culprit despite his trembling hands. The guitarist smiled.

"More garlic!" she called out as both Konnie and Larry grabbed handfuls of the drummer's supply of the deadly veggie.

As Laney flew away from the guitarist, more garlic was thrown in her direction. The bat zipped through the war zone in a panic, growling with irritation.

The vampire dove once again for the band with bared fangs. At the same time, though, Larry pointed his flashlight straight at her.

"Argh!" Laney cried, squeezing her eyes shut. Konnie then pulled her arm back and hurled a piece of garlic straight at their rival.

Poof!

Laney gasped as she fell to the ground, transforming back into her regular form.

The Newmans inched closer. As the redhead continued to cough and hack, Carrie carefully took aim with her net launcher.

"Argh! You Newmans are the worst!" the vampire cried while shaking her head from obvious dizziness.

Her words made the band stop. They looked between themselves before turning back to the teen.

"Wait, you know who we are?" Konnie asked. A piece of garlic was still clutched in her hand.

"Of course I do... I... I..."

Laney didn't look at them. Her gaze was focused heavily on the floor. Silence ticked away in the haunted room. Carrie kept her finger on the trigger, waiting for an answer. The vampire's breathing grew short as she gripped her hair.

"Laney-"

"GAH! GO AWAY!" Laney screamed, twisting her now fiery gaze onto the band.

Carrie blasted her weapon, but it was too late. Laney had already jumped into the air and transformed back into a bat. She flew towards the nearest window and busted through the glass with a loud crash!

"Cheater!" Konnie screamed at the fleeing monster. Carrie lowered her weapon with fatigue, lifting her face towards the ceiling.

"Ugh, come on! We gotta follow her," Carrie spat while waving her band along.

"Is anyone else wondering how Monster Laney still remembers us?" Larry asked as the trio dashed for the nearest exit.

"Yeah, it was weird... Maybe I should call Kim and ask-- Aw man! I forgot my phone!" Konnie cried once they were hit with the chilly night air.

"You can get it later! We can't lose that Groj-chump!" Carrie cried. The drummer took one last look at the haunted house before internally screaming.

"Eyes on the prize, Konnie. Eyes on the prize," she muttered to herself after she already started running to join her bandmates.

"Girls!"

The trio stopped halfway down the street thanks to a familiar voice. They turned to find the set of glasses-wearing geniuses and a now normal drummer heading right for them.