Ch.12

Harry was finishing up his US shows the last few weeks and I'd be lying if I wasn't counting down the hours until he was back in town

He'd text me as often as he could which was usually after a show late at night to which I responded early the next day. When he had a day off he'd FaceTime me insisting on seeing my face even if it was just through a camera. I could see in his eyes that he was exhausted most days, but he truly loved what he did so he always pushed through. Every night he'd give 200% of himself and it brought me so much joy seeing the videos online the next day. He brings nothing but positively and light to thousands and I was grateful that I now was getting to experience it first hand.

Shortly after I leave for my lunch break he calls me, "Hey handsome!"

"Hello beautiful, how are we on this lovely Wednesday?"

"Better now that I'm talking to you."

"Well I'm glad I could brighten your day." And he really does. It's almost embarrassing to admit how giddy I get when he calls me. "Guess what?" He prompts.

"Spill."

"I'll be seeing you tomorrow."

My heart almost jumps out of my chest, "Are you joking? Because if you are it's a mean joke."

Harry scoffs at me, "No love, I'm not joking. I have been chatting with some real estate agents and thought it'd be a good investment to purchase a house there. I've already found one."

Purchase. A. House. Here???

My shock prevents me from responding right away, "i mean it made sense to purchase, I'll be working with a band there so I figured why not?"
His voice sounded more timid than usual, indicating he thinks I think this is a bad idea. "Yeah yeah! That's genius honestly. It's a surprise for sure." I rush my words out to reassure him.

"Well I hope it's a good surprise??"

"Harry, yes of course it is. This is... fucking awesome. When are you expected to close?"

"Actually, tomorrow. I'll be in town tomorrow morning." I could hear his normal voice coming through the receiver now.

My chest tightens from excitement and I take a deep breath, to which he notices. "Forget to breath there?" He teases.

"Ha-ha-ha very funny... But yes. I did. Don't judge me." I mumble back.

"It's ok, I tend to have that sort of affect on people." I could literally hear the smirk as the words roll of his tongue. Little shit.

"Wow full of ourselves a bit aren't we?" I roll my eyes though he can't even see me right now.

"Mmmm just a tiny bit. I'll swing by tomorrow after i close?"

The biggest smile spreads across my lips knowing I'll get to see him again in less than 24 hours. "Absolutely. See you tomorrow." I pull up to my usually smoothie place and let him know I've gotta hang up and I'd talk to him later.