"What's she talking about?" He whispers to me. I lean back into his ear.

"I told her I owned a business because she kept pressing me about how I could afford to fly everyone out here," I tell him with my teeth clenched in anger. His eyebrows creased again. He didn't like the fact that Mikasa was trying to provoke me. He had a sour face after hearing my response.

"Does that bother you that she made that toast? Do you want me to talk to her?" He asks me in a lower tone, not whispering. I shake my head.

"Let's just let it go. We're on vacation. I don't wanna make anything awkward. Let it pass. Good thing no one cares," I reply in his ear. He nods before sighing.

"It still irks me though," He tells me. I put my hand on his arm and rub it.

"It's okay. Watch this," I tell him. I tap Jean who sat next to me. I showed him my hand.

"Look what Eren got for me," I show off his gift to the boys. Connie grabs my hand for a better look.

"Damn! Aren't these rings like two thousand dollars?" Connie asks, surprised.

"More like four thousand. They're the ones with the diamonds," Eren chimes in, proudly boasting his gift to me. I look at him and chuckle before kissing his cheek.

"Thank you again," I tell him with a smile. He nods.

-----

 We start to eat our food and joke around with each other. Our loud laughs can be heard in the echoes of the mass of water that is the ocean as the night starts to grow old. I was already two glasses of wine down as the jokes rolled.

"Oh my god remember when you and Eren first met? The notes!" Sasha exclaims. Eren and I laugh.

"Oh yeah... How crazy. That shit feels like forever ago," I reply.

"Wait what about the notes?" Jean asks for the story. Eren and I chuckle for a moment before replying.

"Sasha and I were in English and Eren comes in late and doesn't write shit down for the syllabus. So at the end of the class, he was arguing with Sasha because she barely got shit down," I start the story.

"And then Sasha refers me to Y/n about the notes so-I was a little bitch that day though," Eren adds on. We laugh.

"Nah you definitely were. Anyways, he asks me for the notes but he like, demanded it and I was like-" I gave a disapproved expression. Jean chuckles. 

 "And I literally just flashed the notes before putting them away so he said thanks and that's how we first met. And he never got the notes," I finish as we laughed but everyone else laughed harder at me.

"Eren you didn't tell her? You're wrong for that," Armin says in between chuckles. My eyebrows playfully creased as I turned to Eren.

"Tell me what?" I curiously ask him. After he let out his big laugh, he replies.

"I forgot to tell you-I forgot to tell her!" Eren shouts to Armin as everyone laughs. He looks back at me with a smile.

"I have a photographic memory. So you really didn't win that battle when we first met," He chuckles. My mouth drops open in shock before laughing.

"I'm actually embarrassed," I reply as more laughs roared throughout the dinner table.

-----

The night ended late at around three in the morning. Connie and Sasha were drunk off of their asses and Mikasa and Annie babysat them as they walked to their rooms. Jean, Connie, Armin, and Reiner were tipsy but in deep conversation about bitcoin and stocks. Man stuff... Marco, Eren, and I were the only ones who didn't overdo it. We were buzzed but not at all drunk. Eren wrapped his arm around me as Marco and I talked about college.