Chapter 2 - Back Home

Start from the beginning

"And a glass roof," Tilly mumbles as the five now stare out at their surroundings, the pieces falling into place as it becomes clear this was once their home.

"Cair Paravel," Peter says as a saddened look takes over the faces of the five, Tilly most of all. This was her true home, Where she was meant to protect her land, her people.

Meanwhile, back at the Telmarine Castle

, Miraz and Prunaprismia were enjoying the company of their newborn son when General Glozelle returned with his riders and something else hidden under a cloak. As he storms over to the horse and rider with the cloak on it, Glozelle begs his Lord to stop. Handing his son to his wife, he makes his way to the stables where his guards would be, hopefully with Caspian dead.

"Wait. Wait, my Lord. It's not what you think," he says, grabbing hold of the man's arm.

"Then what is it?" He asks his General.

"We're not exactly sure," the General answers fearfully before nodding his rider to reveal the creature they captured in the woods. A gasp leaves the Lord's lips as he looks at the presumed to be dead creatures of Narnia.

"Impossible." He mutters before an idea comes to mind as he glances back at Glozelle, a wicked smile taking shape.

In a deeper part of the castle, a council meeting was held between the other Lords of Telmarine.

"I warned this council when it put its trust in Lord Miraz, there would be consequences." Lord Sopespian scolds his other council members, talking about the disappearance of Prince Caspian.

"No." Lord Donnon stands. "We can't accuse the Lord Protector without proof."

"How long are we going to hide behind that excuse?" Lord Scythley, Prunaprismia's father and Miraz's father-in-law, says being tired of his son-in-law's charade. "Until every chair in the chamber is empty?" The remaining Lords nod and mutter under their breaths, taking in what the eldest man said, but the doors bang open as Miraz enters, not looking too pleased.

"Lords of the council, my apologies for being late." The ticked-off Lord struts over to his chair, glancing warily at the others. "I wasn't aware we were in session."

"No doubt you were otherwise occupied," Sopespian speaks up, earning a glare from the Lord.

"My Lord?" Miraz questions, not liking where this meeting seems to be going.

"Ever since the death of Caspian the ninth, you've behaved as if you were King." Lord Scythley says, standing up, facing off against his son-in-law. "And now it seems that even Prince Caspian has gone missing behind his walls." The eldest man shouts, having enough of Miraz, but Sopespian chooses to play the long game.

"My deepest condolences, Lord Miraz." He places his hand over his heart. "Imagine losing your nephew, the rightful heir to the throne, on the very night your wife has blessed you with a son." Even though he started his statement with kind words, his tone showed that he was anything but kind by the end. Lord Sopespian's words started gears to turn in all of the Lord's heads as they thought about the truth behind his and Lord Scythley's words.

"Thank you, Lord Sopespian." Miraz tries to stay diplomatic and calm. "Your compassion is a boon in this troubled time."

"I trust you can tell us how such a tragedy could have occurred." As Sopespian questions Lord Miraz, General Glozelle comes into the chamber nodding to his Lord, giving the man his all-clear.

"That is the most disturbing news of all." He stalks closer to the Lord, who questions him, before turning to face the King's throne. "Our belove, Caspian, was abducted," the men murmur to each other, shocked by the news. "By Narnians." Miraz finishes turning back to the Lords, who all break out in laughter, not believing the Lord.