''Very well. Please take a seat in the closest empty desk to you. From what I can see, there's an empty seat next to Mr. Marsh.''

Completely disregarding the second part of her teacher's sentence, Wendy's eyes immediately travelled to the front of the classroom, where the majority of her friends were sitting. Much to her dismay, the raven haired beauty's usual seat was occupied by Kyle, who was sitting right next to his girlfriend Bebe.

Deciding that there was absolutely nothing she could do about Kyle occupying her seat today, Wendy shrugged her shoulders in defeat and finally closed the door behind her, scurrying off to take a seat in the empty desk next to her ex-boyfriend's.

When her eyes locked with Stan's charming blue ones, the teenage girl felt her heart flutter slightly in her chest. She gave her ex-boyfriend a small smirk, before scraping out the chair and sitting down in her desk. ''Hi.''

''Hey.'', Stan chuckled, turning his head towards his ex-girlfriend.

''Did I miss out on anything?'', Wendy whispered as she took out her pencil case, Biology textbook and notebook from the depths of her backpack.

''Well, we're all going to be split up into pairs and do the assignment on a specific topic. Mrs. Harvey already made the list, so it's up to us to choose the topic we wanna' talk about. And we have to do a short presentation as well.''

''Oh goodie.'', Wendy sang sarcastically, resting her chin against her hand.

''What, you're not excited about this? I thought you at least would be the one that's happy about doing an assignment from Biology.''

''No, it's not that I'm not excited about doing an assignment on an interesting topic. But, the last time when I was given a Biology assignment to do, I was partnered with Bebe. She did maybe like twenty percent of the whole job, because she spent the majority of time with Kyle instead of doing her part of the assignment!''

''Wasn't that last year? Because Kyle and I decided to do an assignment together and he barely did his half of it.''

''Well, I guess it is. Since Kyle and Bebe began dating right around the time me and her were supposed to start working on our assignment together.''

The rest of the period seemed to stretch on forever, but it was pretty interesting nonetheless - as per usual. It wasn't up until the last five minutes of the class when Mrs. Harvey finally pulled out her topic list and was waiting for the students to be done with their chatter, so that they could pick out their assignment partner and the topic they were going to write about.

Once almost all the students had picked out their partners and the topics they wanted to write about, there were about a handful of topics left to choose from.

''You know, even though I'm familiar with the fact that Bebe isn't exactly the most reliable person to do an assignment with, I'm still kinda baffled by the fact that she chose Kyle over me.''

''Well, Kyle's one of the best students in our class when it comes to science subjects. Can't really blame Bebe for wanting to work with him.'', Stan argued. ''Besides, they're definitely going to use this as an excuse to hang out with each more.''

''True that.'', Wendy replied quickly, flicking through her Biology textbook.

Suddenly, a seemingly weird idea came to the forefront of Stan's mind. The dark haired teenager bit down on his bottom lip tentatively, before glancing over to his ex-girlfriend. He scratched the back of his neck nervously, trying to come up with an ideal way of how to express his offer and not wanting to make Wendy think that the offer would imply them doing something more than just working together on an assignment.