"Anytime." Chapa says. "Now, the princess has to change, release her at once!" She jokes in a haughty voice.

Mika playfully rolls her eyes at her, letting her go to yell, "Jen, do you have Snow White's attire?!"

Jennifer walks towards them holding Chapa's Snow White dress, a sheepish smile on her face. "Hehe, I...sorta do?"

Mika squints. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Okay, don't get mad." Jennifer replies. "But I sorta...lost the red bow tie."

Chapa and Mika stare blankly at her for a second before Chapa harshly slaps her forehead. "You didn't lose it, we still haven't found it!"

Mika, recalling this particular event herself groans loudly. "I completely forgot about that!" She says. "No, no, no!"

"Can't Chapa just go on without it?" Jennifer asks. "I mean, it's just a silly bow tie?"

"It's not silly, I worked really hard on it." Mika says. "And it was supposed to be the highlight of her entire outfit." She whines.

Chapa bites her lip, wracking her brains to think of where in the heck it could be.

The girls are pondering this very thought when Mika's phone buzzes in her pocket. She whips it out and answers it without even checking the caller ID. "Look, I really can't talk right now, so I'm going to need you to call back lat-"

"Oh, no worries."

The person on the other end says.

"I just thought you'd like your red bow tie back."

"What the-? Ray?!" Mika asks. "What the heck? Did you take Chapa's bow tie?"

"Maybe." They hear Ray laughing on the other end and Chapa can't help but roll her eyes at his madness. "Ha! Geuss you need me for your play after all!"

"Ray, don't be a goose, I need that bow tie!" Mika scolds.

"No, you need me." Ray says.

"Will, you just bring it over here?" Mika asks. "Fast?"

"Say you need me."

Mika clenches her jaw. "I nEeD yOu."

"Mmmm, now without the attitude."

"RAY!"

Ray jumps and nearly drops the phone. "Okay, okay, I'm on my way." They hear him laughing again. "I bet you silly kids were so freaked out when you couldn't find it, you-"

Mika cuts the call and turns back to Jennifer. "Okay, help Chapa into her dress. I'll go tell everyone else to get changed. It's time for the play!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Mika shifts from one foot to the other, biting her pen nervously, as she anticipatedly awaits the opening of the curtains. The audience looks a little judgemental to her but Mika would like to assume that's just her nerves talking.

Thankfully her nerves calm down when the curtains (after what seems like a thousand years) finally open and reveal Chapa all dressed in the rags Snow White wears while she's at the well. Her nerves are further soothed when Chapa starts singing.

She can tell the audience is enjoying Chapa's singing as much as she is because they don't look as judgemental as they did a few minutes ago. So far so good. Mika hopes it stays that way for the rest of the play.

Her hopes are fulfilled as thirty minutes into the play, the audience is fully invested and watching eagerly with smiles on their faces, seeming to be very entertained. Mika hugs herself with pride, a glowing smile on her face as she relishes in the spot on acting, engaging musical numbers and even the funny bits, added in by Kenton as dopey and sometimes even Chapa herself. And Mika is so happy that she cast someone as lively as her in the play. She can see Ray and Schwoz in the audience and she momentarily thanks her stars that Ray had shown up early enough to hand over the bow tie which, she noticed, looked way cuter on Chapa than she thought it would. She can also see the principal and her own parents and aunt Deena. She also sees Drake fuming in the back row but she doesn't even give him a second look. Still so mad at how lazy and inconsiderate he was and how he purposely called on 'prompter boy' all the time to get on Bose's nerves when he was stuck as prompter at the front row. Oh, how the tables have turned on him now, having Bose on stage and him at the back row. Serves him right. Mika thinks. She's so happy her family doesn't look disappointed. In fact, no one in the audience looks disappointed as they all cheer when they're supposed to cheer, clap when they're supposed to clap and aww when they're supposed to aww. They even sing along to some of the musical numbers and they roar with applaud when Bose softly kisses Chapa to wake her up. Mika decides within herself, that that's the best part of the whole play. Especially since it's not Drake up there kissing her best friend.

Ick.

They're performing their last song together and the audience claps as they stand together to take a bow.

Mika claps backstage too. She is so proud of them all.

Her heart leaps though, when the audience starts demanding to see the writer of the play.

She sees Chapa and the rest of the cast motioning for her to come on stage and does her best to sink further backstage.

She has stage fright too.

Shocking huh?

Her brother though, isn't having it and insists his sister gets the praise she deserves. "Get up there, you idiot." Miles says, pushing her onstage and setting the lights on her.

Mika shyly takes a bow and relishes in the success of the play.

Her Play.

---------------------------------------------------------

The End.

Comments?
Complaints?
Feedback?
💗💗💗