"Thank you so much, Jane, I appreciate"

"Anytime Andrew. You two are my favorite couple, it's no big deal. So, what do you have in mind, how do you want it to go?" I inquired

"Erhmm, Vivian and I have had conversations like this, and I know she'd like an indoor or a parlor proposal with just a few people she cares about"

"Okay, uhhm, I think, yes! I remember. Sister Vivian has an old friend who plans surprises like this. I can get her number from her phone and contact her. We can also select the people we would invite and pick a date too"

"That's perfect I like the idea of that. Please in anything you do, do not let her suspect anything. She's smart enough to know when something is off"

"Of course, I can do that"

"Okay, thank you so much, Jane. I appreciate your help. We'll have further discussion about it through WhatsApp text"

"Alright no problem"

"Have a good night's rest"

"And you too," I said cutting off the call while still grinning broadly.

Even though my day hadn't gone as I would hope and I had wished for it to end quickly, this phone call from my sister's boyfriend made up for the entire awful day.

The next day, I left my house to visit Alex after spending some time studying. While Sister Vivian went to an Owanbe event with Tomi and Aunty Joke had left that morning for her home in Ibadan to spend the weekend with her family, Stephen went to a friend's house that was throwing a birthday party.

Normally, weekends like this are my favorite because I get to spend time alone at home. However, today was different. Although I woke up feeling good about the conversation I had with Andrew last night, I was still a little disappointed that Sharon hadn't responded to my text as of yesterday.

I had called Alex before leaving the house and even though he was willing to visit me at my place, I had insisted on going over instead.

"So, I'm still not welcomed at your house?" Alex confronted me with this question the moment I stepped into his apartment

"Woahh not even a Hi babe or  I'm happy to see you or I missed you greeting"

"I see you are trying to avoid this conversation"

"I'm not trying to avoid the conversation and stop being cranky. It's annoying" I retorted already irritated.

"Okay, then answer my question. Why do you always give excuses each time I want to visit"

"It's not like that. This whole thing is new to me and I don't know how my siblings and Aunty Joke will react when I introduce you to them. I'm just trying to take my time you know?"

"You give off the impression that you are ashamed of me or worry that your family won't like me"

"No, no I promise they'll love you when they meet you" I clutched his hands trying to assure him.

"Okay, I trust you," he said with a smile. "I'm sorry I acted the way I did earlier" he added

"Yeah right," I quickly let go of his hands and went to sit on the bed pretending to be angry.

He proceeded to sit next to me, holding my hands and fondling my fingers.

"I'm sorry, you know what, just think of it as our first disagreement which won't be repeating itself in a long while," He teased

"Ohh, so you still believe we will argue more?" I asked folding my arms and attempting to look angry, but the smile that was already on my face persisted.

"People in relationships have normal disagreements. That is why I said in a long while" He answered leaning to kiss me

I gently pushed his face with my palm to avoid the kiss "I just felt it was insensitive of you to start an argument knowing I have a pending issue with my best friends"

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again" He apologized genuinely.

"I gave him a kiss and smiled" It's okay

"Ohh that reminds me, my sister's boyfriend is planning a surprise proposal for her" I added

"Wow, that's cool. I'm happy for them. So when is it then?" He asked

"We haven't picked a date yet, but maybe before or after our exams. You can come so that I can introduce you to her"

"I like that" He replied smiling.

Please guys vote and leave your comments too. I'd really appreciate 🤗💝💖