Y/N: Then how can he come back?

JACKIE: Why don't you ask him yourself? Ten past. Here he comes.

(An ethereal humanoid shape walks through the outside wall and stands next to Jackie.)

JACKIE: Here we are, then. Dad, say hello to Y/N. Ain't she grown like Rose?

[Powell Estate]

(The Doctor, Maddie, Y/N, Loki, Pippa, Piro, and Rose run out of the block of flats.)

PIRO: They're everywhere!

(And no one is alarmed at the sight of them.)

Y/N: Dad, Mom, Pippa, Loki, Rose, and Piro, look out!

(One of the shapes walks through the Doctor, Maddie, Pippa, Loki, Rose, and Piro. It is not a comfortable sensation.)

JACKIE: They haven't got long. Midday shift only lasts a couple of minutes. They're about to fade.

DOCTOR: What do you mean, shift? Since when did ghosts have shifts? Since when did shifts have ghosts? What's going on?

JACKIE: Oh, he's not happy when I know more than him, is he?

MADDIE: But no one's running or screaming or freaking out.

JACKIE: Why should we? Here we go. Twelve minutes past.

(Somewhere, a man in a lab coat pulls a big lever, like the sort used to change railway points. The images vanish.)

[Lever room]

(A well-dressed management type woman comes out of her glass fronted office with the words Torchwood Institute etched on it.)

YVONNE: Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to announce we've just measured the ghost energy at five thousand gigawatts. Give yourselves a round of applause.

[The Tyler's flat]

(The Ghostwatch programme is on the television, presented by that bloke from Cash in the Attic.)

ALISTAIR APPLETON [on TV]: On today's Ghostwatch, claims that some of the ghosts are starting to talk, and there seems to be a regular formation gathering around Westminster Bridge. It's almost like a military display.

LOKI: What the hell's going on?

(The Doctor, Maddie, Loki, Pippa, Piro, and Rose change the channel.)

WEATHERMAN [on TV]: And tonight we're expecting very strong ghosts from London, through the North and up into Scotland.

(Trisha Goddard's show - I married a dead man.)

TRISHA [on TV]: So basically, Eileen, what you're telling me is, that you are in love with a ghost.

EILEEN [on TV]: He's my ghost, and I love him twenty four seven.

(Change channel to an interview with a ghost hunter.)

DEREK ACORAH [on TV]: Well, no one needs me anymore!

(If only. Change channel to an advert.)

HOUSEWIFE [on TV]: My ghost was pale and grey until I discovered Ectoshine!

FRENCH NEWSREADER [on TV]: Et le President d'aujourd'hui, quelle est

(An Indian newsreader follows, then a Japanese lady.)

JACKIE: Oh, yes.

ROSE: It's all over the world.

(Eastenders.)