one | auditions

all imagines are slash x reader :) but with the use of first person

_

"come on! you have to be fucking dumb to give up this opportunity!" blake, our drummer, practically yelled in my face.

Guns n roses were holding auditions for bands to open for their world tour coming up in 2 months, it was invite only, but we managed to sneak in on a wild card. Something about me being the only girl in a band who put their names forward.

"i'm just not ready" i said back, my head buried in my hands.

"y/n! you've been lead guitar for this band for 2 years. you shred, you're original, and you're a girl. that's like instant points for us" gunner our bassist cried out standing above me.

"...okay... but we don't have a set ready?!?" i said making up another excuse.

"it's surprise material, you don't need one" shem our rhythm guitarist and vocalist spoke.

i looked up at my band, "...another reason not to audition"

"bro quit whining like a girl and get ready" blake rolled his eyes and they walked away packing their instruments.

the auditorium was small and cold, the darkness engulfing the back bleaches making the room feel even smaller. we were late, scuffling in the quiet room as we hauled our gear through the aisle.

"sorry, our...van broke down" gunner apologised.

everyone turned their heads to look our way. i instantly felt my cheeks flush.

"...no worries" one of the members of guns mumbled just loud enough for us to hear.

"let's begin, for this audition we want you guys to play a mashup of two songs. one of ours and an original of yours. this will test your ability to pair songs with similar vibes. we get to see if your group cohesion is good enough, all while testing how you can adapt. 5 minutes, then we will start with you guys" Axl said and pointed at us, "the late ones whos van broke down" he smiled passively.

"fuck" i said under my breath. everyone turned to talk to their bands. "what the fuck are we gonna do" i spoke.

"bro quit being so strung. you're chill. you know what to do" shem said. "we want show variety so why don't we do "November Rain" and our song "Death doesn't apologise"?" he said.

blake shook he head,"no November rain is too cliche...we need something that is outrageously stupid enough to pair together but make it work. to stand out from the rest, everyone is probably gonna do sweet child or paradise city" he said plainly.

"well then what songs?" gunner asked.

"you're crazy and...slut for you" i spoke.

"dude! yessssss! blend the songs just after the chorus in you're crazy, y/n you can lead in with your part and it's like it's a response! you're genius, let's go set up" blake said and started running to set up.

we climbed on the stage and i started setting up. My boots clacking on the ground as i walk to set my mods up on the amp. pulling my guitar out of my case and feeding the chord though my strap and plugging it in.

one of the stage technician set the mic up in front of me and i thanked him.

"when you're ready, you can introduce yourself" axl spoke.
i shot my eyes up and let my guitar hang as i adjusted my shirt. shooting my eyes across gnr to analyse their faces. my eyes met with slash's. surprised he had no sunglasses on, his curly hair framing his face as he leant back into his chair. knees spread, showing how staunch his figure was, his hands resting peacefully on his lap. he tilted his head at me and i flickered my eyes away in shyness.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 12, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

slash imagines <3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें