2. my motive? trying not to have a crush on you

Start from the beginning

"Got to go?" You called out from the kitchen, despite knowing the answer already.

Ariana glanced up at you, and you swore you saw the same kind of sadness in her eyes, before looking back down to her phone, typing quickly. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, what are you in the mood for?"

"It's your house, you choose."

Being a cinephile, you prided yourself on having a good taste in films. It was the perfect opportunity to rewatch one of them. While you had a wide collection of films on your mind, you didn't want to select something that Ariana might not enjoy. You assumed something with typical rom-com vibes will be her cup of tea. So you turned on your TV and put on Saving Face.

"Hey, I know this film. You mentioned it in your top 10 favorite films of all time."

You smile inwardly. "I did, you cool with watching it?"

"Totally, the plot sounds interesting, and I wanna know why you like it so much."

"Okay, do you want any snacks?" You looked through your pantry, you don't have a lot of vegan options besides granola bars.

"I'm good with anything."

You rummaged through your refrigerator to see if there was anything else, but you could only find ice cream so that's not an option. You made a mental note to buy more vegan snacks.

Not wanting to be too empty-handed, you got the spare blanket from your bedroom. You handed them over to Ariana as you sat beside her. She spread it over both of your laps as you pressed play.

By the roll of the credits, Ariana had taken up most of the blanket, with her head on your shoulder. To be honest, you spend most of the past hour stealing glances at her to see her reaction to every scene. She caught you on the last one, knowing you wanted her verdict.

"It's cute, I'm glad they gave each other a chance," Ariana said with a yawn.

Usually, you would like to discuss the film further, but you don't think Ariana would be conscious enough to engage with you. So you offer an affirmation on her comment and a question if anyone's going to bring her back home. It's almost close to midnight but you assumed that Ariana would have someone to get her home safely.

But her "can I stay over for the night" told you otherwise.

"Yes, of course. But are you okay sleeping in my room? I used to have a guest bedroom but it turned into an office."

"I don't mind."

"Okay, let me show you the way." You waited for Ariana to lift her head and stand up. She followed you as you walked towards your bedroom.

You gave her a run-down of your bedroom and the ensuite bathroom, showing her where the towels and toiletries are.

"Call me if you need anything else." You concluded, leaving Ariana to her own devices.

You tidied up your place to pass the time, waiting for your turn to shower. When you pretty much spring-cleaned your entire living room, you sat on your couch and started overthinking in the dark.

Ariana Grande, the pop princess, is having a sleepover with you. Don't get yourself wrong, you know she's human like the rest of you. While you know better than to dehumanize celebrities as gods or other celestial beings, it's hard to transition your relationship from parasocial to platonic.

It's also hard for someone like you, a woman-loving woman, to form female friendships. The line is blurry when it comes to platonic affection and romantic attraction. The last thing you want to do is accidentally come off too strongly or too cold and ruin your friendship.

positions (Ariana Grande/You)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara