𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐃

┌──────⋆ ♖ ⋆──────┐

THE FORSAKEN VOW 

└──────⋆ ♖ ⋆──────┘

"A MAN'S HEART IS A WRETCHED, WRETCHED THING

IT ISN'T LIKE A MOTHER'S WOMB. IT WON'T BLEED.
IT WON'T STRETCH TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOU."

━ KHALED HOSSEINI

┌────── ⋆ ♖ ⋆ ──────┐

SUMMARY
( flowers BLOOM until they
ROT and FALL APART )

└────── ⋆ ♖ ⋆  ──────┘

ELINOR HIGHTOWER has sworn too many vows in her life for someone so young. She's sworn to be faithful to her husband, sworn to obey the crown and future heir of the Iron throne, sworn to be dutiful and poised and a perfect lady at every turn.

But Elinor Hightower was once ELINOR TULLY, a precocious girl of five and ten who was all too excited to attend a tourney at her Uncle's castle at Harrhenhall, a beauty with dreams hidden in her fiery red hair and an unfortunate resemblance to the newly late wife of Ser Otto Hightower, who was participating in said tourney.

There was little she could do once she had been named the Queen of Love and Beauty, and not even the loud protests of Ser Otto's daughter were enough to deter Elinor's father nor the man himself from arranging the betrothal and the wedding soon after.

And so Elinor Tully was no more, instead Elinor Hightower remained, a poor shell of the girl she had once been and only five years older than her now stepdaughter. Barely able to experience the life that was promised to her, a life with no courtly expectations or pressure from above, as that's all ripped from her the moment she arrives in King's Landing.

But even in confinement, Elinor isn't quite as defanged as her husband would have hoped. Instead she finds comfort and solace in the dragon prince himself, Daemon Targaryen, a victim of circumstance much like herself, even if those circumstances couldn't be more different.

But the world around her changes as quickly as the leaves from the heart tree fall, and when Rhaenyra Targaryen is named heir in the wake of Prince Daemon's exile, a series of events that Elinor never could have foreseen occurs, and somehow she is directly in the center of it all.