"Nice doggy... I am not a chew toy..." She said nervously.

The hound growled and inched forward. An idea popped into her head. She ran in the opposite direction of the cave. She could hear the wild beast behind her, breathing heavily.

Some way back she saw wild Gykura plants. She remembered reading about them in her homeschool studies. They were native to the planet Changralyn and extremely poisonous if eaten. She remembered her tutor telling that when the Citadel took over Changraylyn many of the natives killed themselves by eating the plant.

She saw the purple flowers growing in the distance under a large tree. She began to carefully pick the flowers up by their stems, making sure not to even touch their poisonous petals. They were beautiful flowers, a purple that reminded her of the color her mother wore. It was like her mother and father were coming together to save her.

She turned around swiftly. The beast ran towards her, she could see the snot coming from his nose. She sniffed.

Then she began to run towards the creature. That seemed to confuse it because it stopped for a minute and stared at her perplexed.

"What the hell is she doing?" a watcher from the viewing room asked aloud.

No one but Mar'i knew. The creature seemed to snap out of its gaze and continued to run toward her. She let out a battle cry and the hound roared back.

Mar'i threw the flowers into its mouth and slid in between its legs. The hound stopped. It turned around and swallowed. It blinked for a couple of seconds before convulsing on the ground. It let out a pained scream and rolled around on the ground.

Mar'i swallowed down her fear and walked closer.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered softly petting the hound's head.

The creature let out rabid breaths. Mar'i looked into its eyes. Something was so unnerving about its eyes.

Then everything went still. She let out a ragged breath and got to her feet. She slowly walked towards the cave once more.

"These creatures that Managal has hunting us and everything... where do they come from?" Mar'i asked.

"What do you mean?" Grant asked.

Jon sat down next to Mar'i.

"Like the animals on this planet, are they bred to hunt contestants?"

"Honestly the animals that I have seen when I'm allowed to go out into the city look nothing like the ones in the show." Grant swallowed.

"What about outside the city?" Jon asked.

"There's nothing out there. The countless wars have left it uninhabitable, the Justice League made sure of that... they practically nuked the place when they fought Mongul." Grant answered.

Jon and Mar'i glanced at each other.

"What?" asked Grant.

"Nothing," Jon answered quickly.

Mongul had gotten into fights with the Justice League -primarily Superman- years before Jon was even born. Jon didn't know how he died. Rumors of Darkseid killing him to take over the planet, one of his sons may have killed him for sensing weakness, or a Yellow Lantern may have even killed him. One rumor even said Mongul from a different universe came into this one just to kill him. No one knows it seems. However, there was a rumor that the Justice League killed him in a secret mission. That seemed to be the rumor that Managal believed as truth.

REBELS ↠ DC COMICSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें