Apple Pie

an: it's september!!! which means fall! which means inspiration! so here's a fall fic for you<3

Every house looks the same

In my dreams

Every house feels like home

For a couple weeks

I been runnin' 'round

Try'na find a place where I can breathe

But me, oh my

I found you

Under an April sky

And you feel like

City life, apple pie baked just right

Home is wherever you are tonight

~

Y/N sighed contently to themself once she placed the miniature apple pies in the oven. They moved to sit on the counter, leaning on the shelves as they looked out the window. Closing their eyes, they enjoyed the rare quiet and the scent of baked apples. Unknown to them was how strong the scent was, so strong it wafted through the Slat.

Growing up, autumn used to be Kaz's favorite season. Running through the back fields with his brother, warm baked goods from his mother, stories before bed out on the porch from his father. Autumn is a reminder of home. Once Kaz Brekker came into the light he let go of all of his old interests, hobbies, and memories. So when the once-familiar smell of baked apples drifted up the stairs, he made his way down to the kitchen. As he walked down, he scolded himself internally for giving into his weak side. Remembering. But it seemed worth it once he stepped into the kitchen and saw Y/N sitting there with their eyes closed, completely unaware of their surroundings. It was one of the things Kaz admired about Y/N, how easily they can pull themself out of the work mindset and find enough peace and quiet to relax.

Y/N was startled when Kaz cleared his throat, "Sorry, didn't see you there." He hummed and walked farther into the kitchen, "What are you doing?" Y/N smiled softly to themself, "Just did some baking. It's autumn, so I figured an apple pastry would fit the mood." A nod is all they received. "It smells good." Kaz turned to walk out of the kitchen when Y/N spoke up. "I'll bring some up for you." When they didn't get a verbal answer, only a stiff nod, they smiled. Progress.