Chapter 01 ~ Mulaqaat

The sun soars in through the window, successfully irritating the boy occupying the king sized bed.

Ranbir shifted around in his bed, slowly he opened his eyes, adjusting them to the morning light. He pondered over which excuse to use to not continue his studies in college. Maybe he could say he's too young to worry about college? No, he already told that to his parents and both of them instantly disagreed. His grandmother, tried to convince them but they were determined to make him go to college.

Maybe he could say that he feels sick. No, that wouldn't work either, if he kept on saying he felt sick for too long then his parents would know something's up. Sighing, he snuggles further into his blanket to stay warm in the unusually chilly weather of Mumbai.

Someone shook Ranbir and said his name, reminding him that he'll be late for college if he doesn't wake up soon. Recognising it to be his mother, Pallavi's, voice, he mumbled, "Mom, lemme sleep for 5 more minutes."

"Mujhe pata kya karne ki koshish kar raha hain tu, chup chap utt jao, warna thanda thanda paani pa doongi tumhare upar."

"Mom!" Ranbir whined and slowly starts getting out of bed.

"Accha, ab jaldi se neeche aa jana aur nashta karlo."

Ranbir goes and takes a nice warm shower and then goes downstairs to eat his breakfast, all the while praying that there's something fun to do in college.

================================================================================================================================================================

Prachi looked at her surroundings, hoping something will life her spirits. However, even when she spotted the cutest of babies a frown remained etched on her face.

She wondered how her family would be, back in Punjab. She had come here to Mumbai to complete her education. She was hours away from the land she's always be accustomed to. She was hours away from her parents and little sister.

She had only just arrived in Mumbai and she already missed her family heaps. Her father, Abhaijeet Sandhu, was going to visit her next week along with her mother, Avleen Sandhu and her 14 year old sister, Maahi Sandhu.

Even with this news, Prachi still can't help but miss her home town. With a heavy heart, Prachi headed towards the hostel that she'll be staying at while she living in Mumbai.

================================================================================================================================================================

Pallavi and Vikram bid bye to Ranbir, wishing him luck for the first of college, pestering him to go in his car.

Ranbir groaned but obeys and tried to drive his car as slowly as possible, maybe this way he'll miss a few of minutes of his first class this year. The car ride feels boring as with only music for company and Ranbir actually finds himself wishing someone was sitting with him. Even though he was extremely protective about his car and wouldn't let anyone go in it without his permission, he was feeling extremely bored. Ranbir finds himself wishing that he reaches college as soon possible. He started driving the car faster and once he reaches college he realises he's 20 minutes early. Ranbir groaned as he wouldn't be able to 'accidentally' miss a few minutes of his class now. He also wouldn't be able to miss meeting them.

Ranbir makes his way to the classroom and accidentally bumped into someone. He helped her pick her stuff up and said, "Sorry, I wasn't looking."

"No need to apologise, it was my fault. I was too busy thinking about..," the girl stopped midway, tears brimmed her eyes.

"Um.. are you okay?" Ranbir asked, tensed that he had done something to upset her.