Chapter 2.

Esined.

When the bell rung I left the classroom.

August was standing there just like he said he would be. "How was class?" He smiled.

"It was okay," I said. "I didn't actually think you'd be here like you said you would,"

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. You aren't messing with me, are you?"

"Whatchu mean?"

"Like, you aren't just trying to play me or nothing?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Look at you, then me," I said. "I mean, come on. People like me shouldn't even have the privilege of looking at someone like you,"

He stopped walking and stared at me. "You think I should only talk ta my social class?"

"It's where you fit in,"

"I don't like ta fit in,"

We continued to walk and I thought it was awkward.

"I can walk alone," I said. "You don't have to walk me to my class,"

"Nah, it's cool," he licked his lips.

"Aren't your friends gonna mess with you if they see us walking together?"

"I don't care what they think," he chuckled. "You shouldn't care eitha,"

"Hey, baby," Chantelle walked over to us.

"Esined, this is my girlfriend, Chantelle," August introduced us.

I felt a little saddened by the fact that he had a girlfriend, especially with her being his girlfriend. She's so opposite of him. I heard opposites attract though. I snapped back to reality, knowing he'd never date someone like me. Chantelle was just as wealthy as him, by the look of her clothes.

"Chantelle this is the new student he-"

"I met her earlier," she cut him off. "Why are you walking with her?"

"I'm helpin' her around the school,"

"You were assigned to?"

"No,"

"Then you don't have to walk her to class,"

"Watch the way you speak ta me. You don't control me. If I want ta walk her ta class, I will. I'm just bein' nice. You should try dat sometime,"

She folded her arms. "I'm your girlfriend. You should be walking me to class,"

"It's not dat deep,"

"It is. You never walk me to class," she poked out her bottom lip.

"I never walk you ta class? You trippin' ma,"

The way his tone with her was different than from his tone with me. His tone with me was more soft and gentle. He looked annoyed as soon as she walked over to us.

I began to walk away as they argued back and forth.

August had caught up with me when they were finished arguing. He grabbed my hand. "Esined,"

I snatched my hand away from him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean ta scare you. You okay?"

"I'm fine. I think it's best if we don't talk. I don't want to cause you any problems," I tried to walk away from him.

"It's not you. She's just controllin'," he said.

I just didn't want to be his friend or anything. He's being too nice and it makes me a little uncomfortable when people are too nice to me. I was getting mixed emotions from him. I didn't want him to be another person that came into my life and was just messing with me. That's how almost everyone I came across was. Be nice to my face and talk behind my back.