All he wanted to do was love this boy's body. "Look at me," he said.

Venti put in effort to turn his head towards him. Albedo's hair was gently resting on his shoulder. He had a look of concern that warmed Venti's heart. He leaned up to place his lips on Albedo's birthmark, ending the kiss with slight suction.

Albedo smiled. He caressed Venti's groin and watched him squirm to his touch. He kissed his dick before removing his own clothing. Venti was looking right at him but at the same time seemed to be staring through him.

"Turn around, I'll make you feel good," Albedo said.

He grabbed his hips and helped him lay stomach down. A few seconds and Venti felt Albedo's wet tongue wiping his hole. The room grew noisier as his tongue got wet, drowning his opening with saliva.

He firmly held Venti's ass in place and navigated his cock into place, slowly making his way in. When it was wide enough for him to enter, Venti jumped. He whined quietly, clenching his fists around the same bedsheet that had belonged to Xiao and him.

Albedo groaned heavily from the pleasure of being inside Venti. He sped up, went slower. More aggressively, more gently. No matter what motion he tried, he couldn't get Venti to make more sounds. It was kind of breaking his heart but he went on. He could make do with the little sustained moans Venti let out every now and then.

"Shit," Albedo said with a shaky voice as he came.

He couldn't tell if Venti was finished but his dick was way too sensitive to go on. He pulled out and watched the cum trickle out from Venti.

He turned him back around, noticing the faint trial of a tear on his face. He went down on him, kissing and sucking his dick with all the strength he got. The adorable expression on his face let Albedo know that he was at least enjoying it.

"Mmmhhh," Venti moaned gently in a tone that Albedo absolutely loved.

He came after an endless wave of licking from Albedo. Now the bedsheets were completely stained with the marks of betrayal and nostalgia.

Albedo kissed his thigh, hoping that what he'd done was the right thing. They washed up and climbed back into bed where Venti finally passed out, letting exhaustion get the best of him.

***

In a few hours, he awoke in confusion. Albedo and him were both naked, their clothes tossed on the floor. A look of horror overtook him as the realization hit.

"What happened here?" He asked.

Albedo rubbed his eye while yawning. It was such a relief to wake up next to Venti. He could see that happening everyday. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Are you fucking kidding me? What did we do? Wh-what did you do?" Venti snapped. The agitating burn in his throat was suffocating him.

"I- You were into it...Trust me, I would never do-"

"I don't want to hear it," Venti jumped off the bed. He cursed under his breath when he realized once more that he was naked. He snatched the cover off and wrapped it around himself, leaving Albedo's body exposed. "Albedo, I was drunk. I don't remember anything. What made you think it was right to do that? I made a huge mistake. This is wrong, okay?"

"I'm sorry..."

"What am I going to tell Xiao now," he covered his forehead with his hand and paced around.

"But he-"

"I know what you're going to say. He doesn't care about me. Blah blah blah blah. But you don't understand. I love this man. I love him. And things are not over until he explains to me why he did what he did-" he sat on the bed, bursting into tears.

Albedo scooched closer, hugging him. Venti instantly pushed him off. "If only...if only he can kiss me one more time."

One week later...

Venti watched the burning fire glow under the night sky. He had camped at a small cave along with Albedo, who'd promised to make it up to him by helping him find Xiao again.

Something about this night gave Venti peace, something he hadn't felt in a while. Maybe he can't chase happiness forever, but he can seek answers. The scent carried by the wind was a familiar one.

"You should get some rest," Albedo said, stirring his cup.

"Says you who's drinking coffee in the middle of the night," Venti said, shaking his head.

They laughed together. He did give in and go to sleep. He had made sure that they bring two separate sleeping bags. And Albedo hadn't touched him since that day Venti had indicated that it made him uncomfortable.

Venti twisted around in his sleeping bag. It was oddly warm considering they were inside a cave. He felt something brush his hair. He slowly opened his eyes, his blurry vision focusing on the figure in front of him.

"Xiao?" He gasped. He wrapped his arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly so he doesn't leave.

"Hey...I wanted to talk."

Venti cupped Xiao's cheeks. It was really him. Not a dream. He attempted to say something, each time he just tripped on his own words. Nothing came out right. To think that he'd had enough time to think through what he should say.

"I know you're really confused...but our relationship is not right. You deserve someone better than me."

"You are good enough for me, Xiao. Am I that high-maintainance? I'm not asking for a lot. Just be yourself. I love you for who you are, you know that," Venti said, rubbing Xiao's bottom lip. He'd missed his face so much.

"I just want you to know that I'm sorry. And I wanted to give you this..." he shut his eyes and kissed Venti repeatedly and intensely. Xiao's lips were the same yet they felt so strange and foreign to Venti. They were cold and rushed. It gave him no time to process any of it.

Then, Xiao stood up and took a few steps backwards. Venti rose up after him. "No! Don't go," he screamed. The world turned black from the blood rush he got it. When he got his vision back, Xiao was gone. Not a trace of him left.

Once again, Venti was left speechless. Right away, he heard Albedo's footsteps from behind.

"Goodmorning," he said.

Venti nodded in response. He had no intention of explaining what happened to him. If he did, maybe he wouldn't want to help him anymore. He faced him. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yes." Albedo's hair was ironically neatly brushed and braided into the back, which he never did when sleeping.

"Let's move," Venti said.

"Where?"

"Maybe we're close, we should keep going, we might run into him," Venti said, packing his sleeping bag.

"Of course. Whatever you want, I'm always by your side," Albedo said.

Venti paused, he smiled softly and gave him a quick hug. "Thank you."

"...Anytime," Albedo said. He hesitated before returning the hug.

"Here, I'll help you pack your stuff," Venti said, grabbing Albedo's sleeping bag to place it inside one of his bigger bags.

"It's okay," Albedo said. He held Venti's wrist, preventing him from reaching into his things.

"I don't mind."

"No, really- it's fine."

He regretted how tightly he was gripping Venti's wrist, so instead, he grabbed the bag and pulled it from him.

"I just wanna he-"

Albedo lost grasp of the bag's handle. Venti fell butt first on the floor, the bag falling into his lap.

"Ow...oh sorry!"

He was about to repack the scattered luggage but he hand immediately froze. He couldn't believe his eyes. Multiple lyres and flutes laid on the floor. He recognized one of the lyres as his. It emmited an unmistakable glow from the Anemo infusion in it.

He slowly lifted his gaze from the mess and to Albedo, who was white as a ghost.