Comfort/Therapy

The ride back home was rowdy. Ed kept talking about all the new things he had learned from Viney while Amity gave us a play-by-play of her and Luz's battle with Grometheus. Neither of them had seen me kiss Hunter and it would be awkward to mention it now. Hunter and I mainly listened to what they had to say while trying to avoid eye contact with one another. It was pretty awkward being like this but neither Ed nor Amity seemed to notice.

Once we got home the boys hurried to Edric's room to change while Amity and I went to our room to do the same. By the time I was done I heard a knocking at my door. When I opened it I saw Ed and Hunter in their pajamas with their arms filled with snacks, blankets, and pillows.

"Are you ready?" asked Ed excitedly as I looked from him to Hunter. Hunter still couldn't look at me without blushing. I suppose kissing him knowing we would be having a sleepover in my room hadn't been such a great idea. But I couldn't help it, I saw an opportunity and so I took it.

"Yeah, pick your spot on the floor. I'm going to bring the rest of the blankets and pillows from the other room."

"Take Hunter with you so he can help you out," said Ed with a mischievous smile nudging Hunter with his elbow. I knew exactly what he was doing. Though he didn't know I had kissed Hunter already.

"Do you want to come?" I asked, trying to stay composed so Ed wouldn't pick up on what was going on between Hunter and me. Hunter nodded and then walked inside my room to drop what he was carrying then he walked out. Before following, I looked back at Ed who gave me two thumbs up and a dumb smile.

When I was out of the room I saw Hunter waiting for me staring at the floor. If this kept up Amity and Ed would definitely know something happened. "I uh put the stuff in one of the guest rooms," I said pointing to the end of the hallway.

"Okay," he mumbled, then followed next to me. This was so awkward. Kissing him at grom had been a bad idea but I didn't really plan it. I just took advantage of the situation.

"It's this one," I said, walking into the room and turning on the lights. We had gathered everything we were going to use in this room so that none of dad's abominations would put them away. I heard the door to the room close and I turned around to see Hunter locking it. "Hunter?"

"Sorry...I...we need to talk," he said in a serious tone though his face was pink. I knew we were bound to have this conversation but I didn't expect it so soon.

"What did you want to talk about?" I already knew what he wanted to talk about but I was just so nervous I didn't know what else to say.

"Why did you kiss me?" he asked, looking directly at me. I was taken aback by the sudden eye contact but I didn't back down.

"Why did you tell me you loved me?" I replied, meeting his gaze. Hunter has never been good at hiding his feelings. So it was clear to see my answer took him by surprise. "Was it really an accident? Or do you really love me?"

"I...I...Em," his face and ears had turned crimson and I could tell he was really struggling to come up with an answer.

As much as I wanted to hear him say it I knew I was pushing too much. I averted my gaze and started gathering some of the blankets. I felt like I was about to cry. What if I was wrong? What if I had just been projecting my own feelings onto him? Thinking about it now. I had been the one to initiate things. "Sorry, you don't have to..."

He put a hand over mine to get me to stop what I was doing. I turned towards him though I was scared of looking into his eyes. Suddenly I felt like I was twelve again. Was he going to tell me he didn't want to be with me in the same way I wanted to be with him?