twenty nine: queen of the night

Beginne am Anfang

Hana watched as Haru tried making Dan Oh remember him, doing the same things that Dan Oh did when Haru lost his memory, putting himself in her path whenever possible, introducing himself every time they talk, and repeatedly doing everything they did before, making Dan Oh confused.

Hana saw how Haru tried so hard to be as cheerful as Dan Oh was before, but she never missed the sorrow in his eyes every time Dan Oh ignored him. She sighed sadly and looked down as she heard a flip of a page.

page flipping...

"Siu Hana!"

Stage Hana looked up in surprise and saw Dan Oh standing in front of her with a happy smile on her face. 'That smile isn't Dan Oh's. It's her character's smile. I miss you, Eun Dan Oh.' she thought sadly and forced out a smile. "Dan Oh, congratulations with your engagement with Kyung! You waited so long, and he finally reciprocated your feelings. I'm so happy for you!"

Hana clapped excitedly and embraced a smiling Dan Oh. When she heard the sound of a book closing, she pulled away from Dan Oh and looked at her with teary eyes.

"Eun Dan Oh."

Dan Oh looked at her, confused. "Hana? Why are you crying? Are you that happy for me?" she asked and chuckled. "Don't worry, Do Hwa will surely like you back."

🌸🌸🌸

Do Hwa happily entered the library and saw Jinmichae reading Secret. He smiled as he walked closer to him.

"I like that this is a romance comic. At least nobody dies." he heard Jinmichae mumble.

Do Hwa sat beside him. "What are you doing here? What are you reading?" he asked and Jinmichae looked at him. "Look at you. You're an ardent fan, aren't you?"

Jinmichae stared blankly at him, Do Hwa ignored him and grabbed the manhwa from him.

"You read this illogical and ridiculous story again and again." he said and flipped the few blank pages.

Jinmichae frowned at him. "You're here again. Could you please stop---"

Do Hwa smiled and nudged his arm. "Come on. I know you're happy to see me." he teased and Jinmichae narrowed his eyes at him. "I give the writer props for curing Dan Oh. If it was that easy to cure her, why did she have to be in pain the past decade?"

Jinmichae let out a light laugh. "Is that really the question you wanted to ask?"

Do Hwa's smile disappeared and sighed heavily. "If it's that easy for the writer to change something, why can't Hana and I be together?" he asked and smiled sadly. "Are we actually that ill-fated? Don't we have our own happy ending?"

Jinmichae's experssion softened as he looked at him. "Anything can change, Secret isn't over yet." he said and placed a comforting hand on Do Hwa's shoulder. "I think you both are luckier than others. You both feel the same way, and you're both aware."

Do Hwa looked at him sadly. "You really liked Hana. Even in this manhwa, you're still protecting her." he said as Jinmichae looked at him. "I love Hana. Just like what Haru is doing, I will follow my heart, no matter the consequences. You'll do anything for the person you love, right?"