~

-003/Trisha Henderson POV-

El started looking for Billy.
Suddenly I sensed Hopper coming in, he was not a big fan of Billy.
"El, Hop is here" I said and she took off her blindfold.

"Hey!" he shouted. "When I say three inches, three..."
He walked in and we pretended to be reading magazines.
"Do you knock? Jeez!" said Max.
"Yeah! Jeez!" said El.

"Oh, hey" said Hopper, he had obviously been drinking. "I'm sorry. I thought that uh..."
"Mike's not here" I said.
"Stay out of my head" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Max and sister wanted to have a sleepover" said El. "Is that... okay?"
"Yeah" said Hopper relieved. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Your parents know about it?"
"Yup" said Max.
"Yes" I said.

"Uh, yeah, it's cool" he said. "That's... that's really cool"
"Did you need something?" asked Max when he didn't leave.
"No, no" he said. "I'll leave. I'll just let you... I'll leave you..."
He closed the door completely and I could sense he was happy.

"Holy shit" said Max. "I can't believe we're actually doing this. But... don't you think you could've asked the chief for help?"
"No" I said. "He doesn't like Billy. We'll go to him if... if we are right. Which I'm still hoping we're not"
"Okay, El, I should just warn you" said Max. "If he's with a girl or doing something gross, just get out of there right away before you're scarred for life"

"You think... he..." I began.
"Look, it's just in case" she said. "I don't think Billy would ever cheat on you. He worships you"
Max took the radio again, El put on her blindfold and Max held my hand.
"I'm sure he's just feeling off" she said. "No way he would do anything to hurt you. He's probably just sick or something"

"I hope you are right" I whispered.
"I found him" said El.
"What's he doing?" asked Max.

"I don't know" said El. "He's on the floor... talking to someone"
Suddenly she gasped and took her blindfold off...
"El..." I whispered. "What is it?"
"What happened?" asked Max.

~

We immeadiatly went to Max and Billy's house. Apparently El had seen him bend over some girl, who was screaming... and that Billy somehow saw her.
'Why is this bothering me so much?'
"It's gonna start pouring soon" said Max. "We should be at the mall or like watching a movie or something"

"You don't believe us?" asked El.
"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally" said Max. "But you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just sensed you somehow"
"But the screams" said El.

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing" said Max. "And sorry to say this, Trisha, but he might have turned back to his old behaviour. And that's when Billy's alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises"
"They scream?" asked El.
"Yeah, but, like... happy screams" said Max.

"Billy is not with a girl" I said. "He promised he would never hurt me. I refuse to believe that theory"
"Hey, listen Trisha" said Max and took my hand. "I also want to believe Billy is changing for you. I really do, I saw it. But... we have to consider that he just turned back into his dick self"
"His car's not here" I said and we all looked at the house.
"You really want to do this?" asked Max.

~

We walked inside the house and inside Billy's room.
I had been there a few times, but this time it was really messy.
"Why do I get the feeling we're gonna find all kinds of wrong in here?" asked Max, she looked at a picture of me and Billy. "He really likes you, Trisha. He never keeps pictures of girls he dated"

"I really like him too" I whispered.
We went into the bathroom and we saw the tub filled with water and ice bags...
"Max, Sister" said El.
"Ice, it's just ice" said Max. "It's probably for his muscles or something. He works out like a maniac"

El went to the cupboard and there was blood... she opened it...
"El, what is it?" I asked.
She took out the first emergency bag of a lifeguard... and a whistle... covered in blood...

Luckily, Billy taught me how to ride a bike.
We put on our rain vests, El sat behind Max and we drove to the pool.
It was pouring hard...
"Excuse me" said Max to the guy at the reception.

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike" he said. "And don't try and argue with me. You wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree"
"Yeah, we don't care" I snapped. "We're not here to swim, you moron"
Both Max and El looked at me.

"Now, we found this bag" I said and put it on the counter. "Now you can tell us who it belonged to, so you can actually be useful for once"
"You're Billy's girl, aren't you?" he said and I just looked at him. "That's Heather's. I'll get it back to her"
"We could give it back to her" said El.

"You could" he said. "Except, she's not here. Bailed on me today. What is this? You girls want a reward or something?"
"Thanks, asshole" I said and we walked to the board with the pictures.
I saw Billy's and I touched it.

"We're gonna find him" said Max.
"Yeah" I whispered.
El took the picture of Heather.

"You think you can find her?" I asked.
"She's our only option" said El. "I will find her and Billy. I promise"
"I know" I smiled.