Try to stop me (Embry Call short story)

Breanna’s POV

“BREANNA! Come back this INSTANT!” Paul yelled as he struggled to keep up with me.

“NEVER!” I shouted back, speeding away from my over-protective brother. I rushed towards the Cullen’s house, trying to block out Paul’s voice.I was almost over the borderline when I felt a pair of warm and strong arms pulling me back.

“Breanna. Don’t. You know Sam and Paul won’t be happy.”

I turned around to face Embry. Butterflies started to flutter in my stomach. I ignored it with all my will and I glared at Embry.

“So? What does that got to do with you?” I snarled, taking a step away from him while I tried hard to calm my heartbeat. Embry shot me a pained expression. I looked away, refusing to let that face hold me back.

“Breanna...Please just come back. I-it’s dangerous for you to hang around the Cullen’s.” He mumbled, staring intensely at me. I kept my head low. “So what?” I challenged again. “So what if I were killed? Nobody would care anyway. You certainly won’t.”

Anger and pain washed over his face immediately. “Don’t. Go.” He growled softly, voice dangerous. I kept a blank expression.

“Try. To. Stop. Me.” I sneered, stepping over the borderline.

Embry grimaced. “Breanna...”

I waved a hand carelessly at him as I continued walking towards the Cullen’s house.

Embry’s POV

I stared after Breanna and sighed, hoping I could go over the line to follow her. I rushed back to Paul’s house, knowing that I will be yell at.

I pushed open the door slightly and peered in.

“Embry.” A cold and powerful voice ordered me. “Come sit.”

I sighed and walked in. “Sam.”

“Breanna?” Paul muttered as he tried to control his shaking.

“...Cullen’s...” I mumbled, hoping Paul would stop shaking so violently. Sam placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and he calmed a little. I let out a relief sigh.

Sam looked up at me, “Go get Breanna. I will call the Cullen’s.”

I nodded and head out the door.

Breanna’s POV

I stepped onto the Cullen’s front steps and the door was opened by Alice.

“Hello Breanna. I saw you coming.” Her tinkling voice greeted me.

I gave her a weak smile as Edward appeared beside her. He gave me a look and raised his eyebrows.

What did you find out this time?

He chuckled, “Everything, Breanna.”

I sighed and followed them into their house. I said my usual hellos to Esme and Carlisle and placed myself on my normal spot. Edward soon joined me. I let out another sign.

“What’s troubling you now, Bre?” He asked, watching my movements.

“It’s not like you do know already.” I mumbled.

He gave a small laugh. “True. But it’s still polite to ask.”

I snorted while going through my problems in my head as Edward nodded.

“There.” I said when finished.

“Embry again?” He questioned and I shot him a glare.

“Okay. Okay. But if you like him so much, then why do you keep pushing him away?”

I was silence.

Because...I hate getting rejected...

Edward glanced at me for a long time.

“But...how do you know that you will be rejected?”

I stared at him shocked, “I...I...”

He never seems to be interested in me...

Edward sighed and pushed me towards the door.

“Go outside. He is there.”

Confused, he gave me another gentle push. I turned around and he waved back at me. I slowly made my way towards home.I was alone for awhile before I heard footsteps following behind me.

“Bre...” A familiar voice called out to me. I stopped and a pair of arms grabbed me from behind, turning me around to face them. I closed my eyes, not wanting to face him.

He sighed, “Breanna. Open your eyes.”

“Make. Me.” I murmured keeping them tightly closed.

Suddenly, a pair of soft lips meets mine. My eyes shot open.

Embry smirked. “See? I can.”

I gasped and slapped him on the chest. “How dare you.” I turned and continued walking back, having trouble breathing properly.

Embry rushed in front of me. “I...I am sorry, but it was too tempting.”

I stopped in surprise. “You...are tempted to kiss me?”

He shrugged, “Why wouldn’t I be tempted to kiss my imprint.”

I stared at him, wondering if I heard right. “...Your...imprint?”

Embry gripped my shoulders, staring deeply into my eyes. “Yes...Breanna. You are my imprint.”

I stood there, shocked. “Really?”

Embry leaned in and gave me my reply. His warm lips collided with mine passionately and I had to pull away for breathe.

He smiled and I blushed. He started to lean in for another kiss.

“Wait.” I said, having big trouble to control my heartbeats. “You are increasing my heartbeats too fast.”

Embry chuckled, “I had waited too long for this.” He gazed into my eyes lovingly. “Try. To. Stop. Me.”

And he leaned in, placing a sweet and gentle kiss on my lips.

Hope you like it. 

I decided to enter this for the Watty Awards, just to try...  Please vote and comment. :D