The Competition Begins

Start from the beginning

"No, Clara that's a crayon you can't eat it!" I laugh pulling the yellow crayon away from her mouth.

~

*Competition Day*

Who knew that a reality t.v. show would be so stressful and drama-filled! I surely didn't. Maddie almost threw up and wanted to leave, a new girl named Vivi coming, Minister Dawn drama, and some small arguments between the mothers.

We all got out of the van and got our suitcases from the car.

"All right, let's get this luggage moving." Abby explained. Since I didn't have anything except for my snack bag and my suitcase for the hotel, I didn't have to carry much since Mommy took the snack bag.

"Let's go ladies." Abby instructed. Holly then tried to take one of Nia's bags, but Abby refused.

"She has two pieces of luggage, Abby!" Holly explained.

"She brings it, she carries it." Abby denied. We were all rounded up in front of Abby in the parking lot.

"Now, remember, the competition starts right now when you walk into this building. Do you understand me? Let's go." Abby stated. Finally, we walked in. There was many teams warming up.

"Kenzie! Look!" I pointed at the beautiful ceiling. It was very fancy. The other girls started doing it as well. Abby started to check in and Kelly and Christi were laughing.

"Shh. Ladies, library voices." Abby scolded. Christi mimicked the action making me laugh, quietly.

"Okay, listen to me. I don't want any flip-flops. I don't want any booty shorts walking through here. You make sure you are covered and dressed appropriately. Do you understand?" Abby questioned. The amount of times I heard that today, I would be rich. Before we left the lobby, Brooke playfully repeated the shushing, making Kenzie and I smile.

~

We got to the dressing room and everyone was fighting over spots in the room. Once everybody got settled in they started getting ready for the 'Party, Party, Party' group dance. Abby was talking to the moms, so Kenzie and I was practicing makeup on each other. Maybe not the wisest thing for a four and six year old to do, but it was very fun.

"Melly, stop blinking so much!" Kenzie complained.

"Sorry, I don't mean to!" I smiled before she continued. Mackenzie finished my look, so I started on hers.

"I told you about the nails. I don't care if you have fake nails, but the nail polish– the white draws attention to your hands. And everybody doesn't have it. Girls..." Abby scolded.

"I told her I wasn't taking it off." Kelly denied.

"So why?" Abby asked.

"Because I just paid to have them done. It's a French. It's not like she has pink, purple nail polish on." Kelly explained.

"I don't think this is where we're supposed to be going. I think I was supposed to be talking about the group and our dance." Abby said.

"Whatever. You brought it up." Kelly sighed.

"It's not whatever. It's not whatever." Abby sid.

"You brought it up." Kelly pointed out.

"Right, you need to listen to me." Abby pointed at Paige and Brooke.

"Well, then you can give me the $20 dollars to take them off of her nails and off her sister's nails." Kelly explained. Abby then proceeded to get her purse and twenty dollars.

~

"No." Mommy said.

"What?" Kenzie and I asked.

"No more makeup, girls. You like that makeup mirror don't you." Mommy explained. Kenzie and I looked at each other than the mirror. We both had very bold lipstick on that we had to tone down with a wipe. While the girls were getting for a group dance called 'Rag Dolls,' Paige got burned with the coloring iron and we all had to cheer her up. Finally we went to watch the group perform. Kenzie was sitting on Mommy's lap, while I was on Kelly's.

"And next up to the stage will be junior jazz group– 'Party, Party, Party.'" The announcer said and we all cheered.

~

The dance was definitely not the best they've ever done, but they still did very well, and it was cute. Now it'a time for group dance awards.

"Okay. So here we go. We're going to start with the juniors. Our junior musical theater. A third place, with a score of 274, goes to... 'Party, Party, Party.'" The announcer revealed. I sighed, but still clapped. It would of been really cool to win. Rag Dolls got second in the contemporary group category. After group awards we hurried to the green room to get the trio ready. They finished and we went back to the auditorium. They got onstage and started to perform. They were doing great! I always love their trios. During the duration of the dance, Chloe's head piece fell forward. I felt so bad for her.

~

*Awards*

"Okay, teams, listen up. Starting off, in duo-trio, a second place with a score of 266 goes to 'Money.' Our mini overall high score duo-trio– with a score of 282 out of 300– first place goes to Abby Lee Dance Company: 'Pin Up Girls!'" The three girls were so glad they won and I'm proud of them even with the headpiece malfunction. After a long day, we went back to the hotel and went swimming.