I let out a groan and jerked head away from her hand. "I just combed this hair, what you're seeing didn't just happen."

She stared at me suprised for a brief moment before bursting out in laughter. "So, if you carry it to school scattered, all your girlfriends would stop sparing glances at you, right?"

I chuckled and stood up, grabbing two balls of Akara and placing a third in Aunty Fatima's mouth.

She glared at me but still ate up the Akara in her mouth, which caused me to laugh too.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I sat on a stool quietly in the large music studio as I awaited the presence of ... My partner, the girl who's name I never took note of.

I strummed and pulled the strings of my guitar, playing random notes, and pretty much keeping my fingers busy.

I had deleted the photo of the girl right after I came back from the match that day. I couldn't live another day, having another problem to feel guilty about, so I deleted it.

If I were to see her here today, all I would do would be to apologize and take steps on making her love music.

I could never stand watching her stare at musical instruments as if she were scared of them, as if they were to destroy her and like they were the exact things that deserved to be burnt down to ashes everywhere.

Yes, she did look at them that way, but they were just instruments.

If it were another girl, I wouldn't have cared. Heck, I wouldn't have bothered making her my music partner, but something about her intrigued me.

No, I definitely wasn't catching feelings for her or anything.

Her personality and her aura just... reminded me of Imogen, my late sister.

She acted just the way the girl seemed to be behaving, and she loved music. Could even go crazy for it.

And when she died, I took it up on myself to play music just like she did because, well....

I sighed deeply, three good times, shut my eyes for some seconds, opened it and stared down at my guitar.

And before I knew it, my fingers had began to move on the guitar strings again, slowly, rhythmically as I played I could never stop being compelled to play, because, I could always relate to it.

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.

And just as I was about to end the song, I heard the door push open, and in came Ayomide.

"As if I knew you would be here." He smirked as I dropped my guitar beside me.

"Is anyone looking for me?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah actually. The other prefects. You know, since you're the sports prefect, you're meant to be in their meeting." He said and I nodded.

I stood up and began to leave the room but paused when about to pass the door.

"Wait!" I said, and Ayomide turned to me.

"The girl, your friend. She's supposed to meet me before the assembly starts." I said.

"You can talk to her later. Let's go." He said, and walked away.

I nodded in reply to his statement.

We walked passed the arts studio, down the stairs and back to the senior block as we headed to the library where the meeting was held.

And as we got nearer to it, I suddenly heard a click and the door to the girl's bathroom in front of us, was pushed backwards.

The girl, the one I had never taken note of her name, stepped out of the bathroom. I could see Trickles of sweat slide down her neck and sides of her face as she panted heavily, placing one hand on her chest as if to calm down.

Ayomide walked towards her quickly. "Tammy, are you alright?" He asked.

As if realizing she wasn't alone, she jerked her head towards him and trailed her gaze to me. She took in a deep, long breath and instantly wore a smile as she stood erect.

"I'm fine, Ayo." She said to Ayomide, and looking at me she said. "Sorry, I didn't meet you at the music studio. Let's talk later."

And with that, she strutted past the both of us, probably to her class without uttering a single word.

-----------------------------------------

So, this is another of Aidan's POV and I'm getting curious.

You guys have seen him cut himself twice now, and I'm curious to know what you guys think of him.

What do you think is wrong with him, why is he putting himself through this, and the song.

And then, Otamayomi. Why was she panting?

Let me know your thoughts in the comment.

Adios,
Benzita13 ❤️

Adios,Benzita13 ❤️