Kantou Manji Arc Part 13

Comenzar desde el principio

"I want to save my brother." Shinichiro began reluctantly, looking down solemnly.

The old man faced him, "I can give you this power to you if you want it, but would you do that for these powers?"

Shinichiro was confused, furrowing his brows, "Do that?" What was it he needed to do?

The old man walked away while laughing, "Hehe, how foolish." He grinned manically,'"I wanted these powers so much I got it by killing the person in front of me."

It was like a flip switched in Shinichiro as he mindlessly picked up the metal pipe and rushed at the old man with only one thought in mind. To get those powers. He raised it in the air and in an instant, he smashed it against the old man's head.

Shinichiro's eyes were white as he breathed heavily.

The old man chuckled weakly, "Just like me, you chose to kill."

Shinichiro gritted his teeth and he raised the metal pipe and repeatedly slammed it on the old man's head, "Shut up!!!" He screamed in anger. His chest heaved up and down as he dropped the metal lead pipe, getting to his knees.

"Go back! Come on, go back already!!" He clenched his fists tight, tears welling in his eyes, "Is this for real? I'm not going back to the past. Even after killing someone for it."

Shinichiro curled into a small ball, sobbing as he felt his heart about to explode. Would he die from a broken heart. Why? Why did this happen to him?!

The next day, he mindlessly walked around till he came to a stop. His mind was reeling with endless dark thoughts. What was the use of living when it was just him alone? What was the point when he had no one. He couldn't even save his own brother nor stop his sister from running away. He was tired. His body was aching. He just wanted to end this endless pain.

Before he knew it, he stood on top a ledge that led to the stream, his eyes lifeless as he stared at the raging waters that moved so strong against the current. He was about to jump when he heard someone scream his name and slowly moved his eyes, "....Haruchiyo...this muddy stream, I'll die for sure."

"What nonsense are you talking!? Get down from there!!" The pinkette screamed at him, his face shown in panic as tears welled in his eyes.

"...Today is the day of Manjiro's accident. I want to go back to that day." Shinichiro's eyes were white and unseeing and he didn't hesitate to jump, closing his eyes as his body made contact with water.

"Shinichiro!!!" Haruchiyo screamed, outstretching his hand.

....finally I can be at ease.....

Shinichiro felt lightning course through his body and he snapped his eyes open, only to see Manjiro heading for him with a wide grin on his face and his toy airplane held in the left hand, "Get out of the way!!!"

He got hit in the face by Manjiro's feet as he slumped against the couch in a daze. He slowly sat up. Aren't I supposed to be dead after jumping into that river?

"Everything alright over there?" A voice called out to him.

Shinichiro snapped his head to the right and widened his eyes upon seeing Takeomi, looking behind the man, he spotted the calendar. It was July 30th, 1997. His breath hitched when a small figure appeared in front of him.

"You usually would have avoided that." Manjiro pouted.

Shinichiro's eyes watered. He was back in the past. He can change things now. He can save his brother. He can see his family again!