Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Willow thought school was pointless, endless work and homework all for a few words on a piece of paper. The pupils were suffering in this school and all for a recommendation from a teacher who has to make all the recommendations positive anyway.  But there was always one lesson, one lesson that made all this crap feel slightly worthwhile"

Sitting in an English lesson. It's one of the few things I actually enjoyed . Especially when Mr. Phillips, the English teacher, read poems. I'd always liked poetry.

"Willow, what did you like about this poem?" Of course he didn't ask me, Mr. Phillips tended to pick on the more distracted pupils to answer his questions. That took me away from the equation.

"Charles, what did you like about this poem?" Charles was an idiot, to put it bluntly. He was extremely sexist, homophobic and racist. He was a modern-day Adolf Hitler, minus the caterpillar moustache and devilishly clever brain.

He was also one of my brothers very close friends so just like my brother, he believed he was put on this filthy world for one sole purpose. To make my life a living hell. I hated him.

"Nothing sir." Typical Charles answer, Nothing Sir, or Madam depending on the teacher. Although sometimes he would call our science teacher a sir, but that was okay because she did look like a sir. With the caterpillar moustache.

Mr. Phillips, knowing that Charles wouldn't say anything else regarding this poem unless of course it was an insult, or something along those lines, asked someone else. That was when I zoned out again, I tended to do this if I wasn't asked a question. I was like an encyclopaedia, I had all the answers just no one bothered to read me.

"Willow?" A voice whispered, from behind me. I turned around and looked at the girl. I didn't know who she was, but that isn't surprising. I didn't really know anyone in my year other than Charles, but that was only because he made himself known to me.

He had been nice once upon a time. But that was a long time ago, before the accident. And that time will never come again.

So I replied.

"What?" Yes, I knew I was being rude but I didn't like socialising.

"My Brother said you were good at English and well...I was hoping if you could tutor me..." She was quite shy. I could tell this by the way she hid her green eyes behind a pair of glasses which looked way too big for small face. She stuttered ever so slightly when she talked. I smiled.

But who was her brother? It wasn't surprising that I had forgotten who her brother was. I didn't pay attention to who people were. It was a waste of time.

"Who is your brother?" I asked and she pushed her glasses up her nose.

"Um...Ben Mitchell, he sat next to you last year in English lit." Oh. him. He was particularly annoying. He didn't bug me or anything. He was just really good at English and NEVER bothered me. That was annoying. I wasn't used to it.

"But he was good at English. Couldn't he help you?" I said to her.

"He's moved to umm...Military School."

Well, he wouldn't be able to teach from there, would he?

"Okay...I'll think about it. What's your name anyway?" I asked her. I didn't know if I'd be able to tutor someone, it wasn't in my comfort zone.

"Ruby Roden." I found that strange, wasn't her brother Ben Mitchell. Mitchell. Wouldn't her surname be Mitchell aswell?

I didn't ask her anything about that though, it's not my business. I Just nodded, wrote her name down in my notepad and turned back to Mr. Phillips. I also wrote her brothers name underneath hers. His name sounded strangely familiar, not because of him sitting next to me last year, but because of something else.