The Pegasus with the Circus Mark

A/N: I'm keeping their names the same because I don't know how to ponify them.
---
Artemis Crock, a green Earth Pony with a blond mane and dark gray eyes, walked toward Gotham Academy. She'd been going for about a week, yet she hadn't made any friends. It was probably because she was an Earth Pony among Unicorns and Alicorns. It didn't help that she was constantly bullied for it everyday.

Artemis walked into the classroom. Everyone was staring at her. Glancing at the clock, she saw that it was 8:34 am. She was late by four minutes. "Tsk, tsk," said the teacher in disapproval, "tardy again, it seems, Miss Crock. Take your seat." Artemis blushed and went to take her seat, the stares of the other fillies and colts boring into the back of her head.

About a few minutes into class, a folded note enveloped in scarlet magic floated gently over to Artemis' desk, silently landing in her lap. She looked up at the teacher to see if he was watching, but he had his back turned. She opened the note. It read:

'Sit with us at lunch.'

It was signed with a light blue hoofprint.

Artemis was confused. Someone wanted to sit at lunch with her? An Earth Pony Outcast? She would have to wait until lunch to find out who.
---
Lunchtime finally arrived. Artemis grabbed her lunch bag and trotted toward the lunchroom. Once there, she looked around. While looking, a flicker of light blue danced across her peripheral vision. The same light blue as the hoofprint on the note.

Artemis looked at the table. Sitting there were three ponies, an Alicorn and two Pegasi. Artemis recognized the Alicorn as Bette Kane, the first pony she'd met at school. The first pony who had been nice to her at this school.

As soon as she walked near the table, the three ponies turned to her. "Hey Artemis," Bette said happily. She patted the spot next to her. "I saved you a seat." A small smile graced Artemis' face as she sat down. "Thanks," she said. "You're welcome," said the tangerine Alicorn.

One of the Pegasi cleared her throat. Both Bette and Artemis turned toward them. "Aren't you gonna introduce us, Bette?" asked the purple Pegasus. Bette blushed. "Oops, sorry Babs," she said sheepishly. Turning to Artemis again, she continued, "Artemis, I'd like you to meet Barbara Gordon, the Commissioner's daughter, and Richard Grayson, Bruce Wayne's ward and a math genius." Both waved when referred to.

Artemis waved back, and then did a double take at the light blue Pegasus. She recognized him... But how?

We'll laugh about this someday.

"Hey, I know you! You're that freshcolt who took a picture of me when I first came here!" Artemis exclaimed. All conversation at that table stopped. Artemis ignored the stares and continued, "What was that all about?" Babs then turned to Richard. "Yeah Dick, what was that all about?"

Dick rolled his cerulean eyes. "Babs, I already told you, I was just being friendly," he said. He then turned back to Artemis. "So, Arty, got your cutie mark yet?" asked Dick. Artemis nodded. "Cool, can I see it?" Standing up, Artemis showed off her cutie mark.

"Woah."

"Awesome."

"Asterous."

It was a green crossbow. "With a cutie mark like that, you must be really good at archery," Babs marveled. "Yeah," Bette said. "Ooh, check out mine." Hers was one hoof holding another. "My special talent is helping other ponies," she said.

"That's pretty cool," Artemis said. "Not as cool as Dick's is," Bette told her. "Yeah, show her yours Dick," Babs insisted. Standing up, Dick showed his mark off. To Artemis' surprise, it wasn't a calculator or a math book or something like that. It was a trapeze.

"A trapeze?" Artemis inquired. "Yep," Dick replied. "My special talent is acroponics. I used to be a circus pony."

Wow. Just wow. Not only was he an acropony, he used to be in the circus. Artemis felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Dick holding two chocolate chip cookies. "Want one?" he asked. She glanced around the table. Bette and Babs were already eating cookies of their own. She smiled. "Sure," said Artemis, taking the cookie in her hoof. Dick smiled a toothy grin and bit into his cookie. Artemis smiled, too, as she ate her own sugary treat. She was beginning to like the light blue Pegasus.
---
This is my new story, and guess what? It's not genderbent this time. Nope, this time, it's ponified. And if anyone was wondering, the Babs in this story doesn't have her mark yet, but she'll have it in the season two oneshots. And yes, I did make Artemis an Earth Pony, Dick and Babs Pegasi, and Bette a Alicorn. If you don't like that, don't say anything.

Anyways, Stay Traught!