Chapter 1: Be More Chill

Zacznij od początku

He muttered something inaudible, and he too decided to lean back. "Fine. Okay. Your references," he eventually asked, "What are they from?"

"He Who Must Be Staying Alive," you sang, closing your eyes, swinging your head side to side in a musical manner, "And friend you should see me in a crown."

When you opened your eyes, Grant was giving you an odd look, but the door to the cell opened and Fitz stepped in, Jemma by his side.

"Sherlock." Jemma said. "They're quoting from Sherlock, as always."

Ah, yes, Simmons would know.

"Who, specifically? Does that matter?" Said a fourth voice, who you immediately identified.

"Glad you could join us." You said with a nod, as agent Coulson entered the room, which was becoming quite full you noted. Thank goodness May was busy flying the Bus.

Fitz looked like he was going to choke, a mixture of concern and disgust on his face as he replied. "James."

"Moriarty." Simmons finished, frowning. "Jim Moriarty."

"And why would that be, (your name)?" Coulson asked.

"Look. Mom and dad are gone. I don't have friends - Lord knows why - who else do I have? I watched Sherlock as a kid. Still do. Although, I don't believe I will for a while now." You shrugged. "I'm not insane, really I'm not. I'm just a sociopath who needed something to do and I've been alone for five years so sometimes rational thought loses to the you at three am that's wanting to do something crazy, you know?" And then, you realized that even to you your protests sounded lame. You didn't really know anymore, and that was all you knew. "And hey, I'm not a danger like you think; we haven't got a season four yet."

"Your parents worked for S.H.I.E.L.D., (your name), and after they died in the battle of New York you didn't have to leave." Phil said waving a hand, and the other agents, Grant, Leopold and Jemma left at his motion. "You know why we were after you."

"Yeah, yeah. Grey Ice Power: Dangerous to all of humanity or something like that." You waved a hand back and snickered.

"No. You can help humanity with it, don't you see? You're a genius, and you have this ability. Training, that's all you need."

You raised an eyebrow, your fingers brushing the edge of the table where grey colored ice began to spread, cracking into the locks of the cuffs and they opened with a click. You held up your hands in an innocent gesture, while it was anything but. "Take me in. I know you don't trust me. But maybe over time when something comes up we can rethink this?"

"That's it then? You're ready for the Fridge?" He stood, crossing his arms and completely ignoring your question.

A smirk fixed itself on your face. "Ready? That's a nice question. Bit sinister. What's the answer that won't get me killed?"

Phil Coulson sighed. "What are they quoting now?"

Jemma's voice came back, quiet but clear and you could detect a small smile through her words. "Doctor Who, sir. Doctor Who."

***

You entered the room, a flash of defiance in your eyes as you raked a hand through your messy (short/long) hair after taking off your hat. "Alright, what do you want? Wait, don't tell me, you've got a few questions? Heh. Important ones, I might add since you're all quite tense. Loosen up, yeah?"