Chapter Four- Ryan

Start from the beginning

"Well girls aren't really my type so it wouldn't have mattered much." I had a sort of smirk on my face. I looked to see his reaction and he looked like he was shocked and also in deep thought.

"Oh, well I'm still sorry I didn't mean to spill anything on you." He went over to his dresser and found the exact pants i was wearing and threw them to me. I guess I wasn't the only one that shopped at American Eagle. "Here you can keep these."

"Thanks so much. Can I use your bathroom to change?"

"Yeah that's fine." I went into the bathroom and changed into the pants after I admired the bathroom. He had a nice clawfoot bath tub and his floor was heated I could feel it. He had towl warmers which I knew when he gave me the towels to dry my pants and he had a bowl sink with a huge floor to ceiling mirror. That made me notice that his pants were a little tighter than mine were and that I looked really good.

I walked out of the bathroom and Ryan turned around and there was a different kind of glint in his eyes. He looked different than he looked just a moment ago. His cologne was stronger too which I could also tell was from American Eagle. "Well I guess I should get back to the party now."

"Yeah again I'm so sorry for spilling my soda all over you."

"It's fine. I'll see you later I guess."

"I never caught your name."

"Oh, it's James."

"Well see you later James. You can keep the pants." I laughed a little bit and went back down to the party.

Back to reality

"Well we kind of had feelings for each other since that night." He said a little shyly.

"You two have been going out for four months and you haven't told me!" I yelled. Don't best friends tell each other everything? Isn't that what best friends are supposed to do? I can't think of one reason why they would keep this from me.

"Well now you know that we're good at keeping secrets." Zoey said with a little smile. It's about time she spoke up and said something.

"I can't believe you two would do that to me? We are supposed to be best friends. We are supposed to tell each other eevveerryytthhiinngg." I said drawing out my last word so it was long and dramatic.

"Well I would've told you everything if I knew that you would react calmly. But I know that you're James and you don't know what calmly means." Jake said a little aggressively.

"I would have reacted calmly if I knew this before you guys dating for four months, or before I caught you two making out. Lets just go to your house and we'll talk about this. I'll be sitting shotgun we don't need you to crash while making out with Zoey."

"James shut up. Just get in the car."

I got in the car and so did Jake and Zoey. The car ride was so awkward. Nobody spoke a word and everything felt so tense. I was scared that they were just going to blow up on me or something. We finally got to Jakes house and I jumped out of the car like it was on fire. Then I waited for Jake and Zoey to get out of the car then we walked inside. Even though it wasn't my house I acted like it was. I went up to Jakes room and sat on his bed.

"So when were you two planning on telling me about your relationship?" I was deeling so betrayed. I felt like I just wasn't good enough for them to tell me what has happened between them.

"We were going to tell you once you were happy in a relationship." Zoey said as soon as I finished talking. "We didn't want you to feel sad because you're single and alone when we are. We were only trying to be good friends." That made me feel happy and sad at the same time. I felt happy because I started thinking about Ron, but I felt sad because of how long it took them to tell me how they felt about each other.

I couldn't help but feel guilty. I yelled at them for pretty much no reason. They were only trying to keep me happy. "Sorry for going off on you guys. I didn't mean to over react it's just it had been four motnhs and you told me nothing. Finding something out like that just isn't right really."

"We accept your apology. I would probably act the same way if you did that to me. But now you might have a little boyfriend now don't you." Zoey said.

"Yeah, maybe I do. Why are you jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous, I have a beautiful and amazing boyfriend right here?" Zoey said trying to sound romantic. She was just way to goofy to try to sound romantic. She pecked Jake on the cheeck and I had to admit that they were one very very cute couple.

"So what are you going to do with Ron?" Jake asked.

"Well I want to take him out on a date since he took me out on a date."

"That's a good idea but where are you guys going to go?" James asked immediately. He had an answer for everything so fast.

"Well I wanted to see if he wants to go to IHOP. It's like the best restaurant in the world." I loved IHOP. They had the best pancakes. But to make their pancakes even better was their blueberry syrup. The pancakes tasted amazing with their syrup.

"Why don't you ever take me to IHOP?" Zoey whined to Jake.

"Maybe because you hate waiting for food at restaurants."

"Good point." Zoey admitted in defeat.

"When I go to school tomorrow I'll ask Ron if he wants to go to IHOP on Saturday. I really hope he says yes."

"He most likely will." Zoey said trying to give me confidence.

*************************

After we talked and everything I went home and I ate dinner with my mom and dad. I haven't told them about Ron yet because nothing is really official yet.

I took my shower thinking about how I was going to ask Ron. Does he like IHOP? Did he like pancakes? Was he allergic to anything? I needed to stop over thinking everything. Maybe he loved pancakes, maybe he didn't. They had waffles there.

I was so excited for tomorrow. If he said no I think I would probably just start crying. I would go home and never leave my room. I should drive him on the date. I think that would be smart. I'm the one asking so shouldn't I be the one to drive him too?

I couldn't fall asleep at all. I just kept on thinking on how tomorrow would play out. If he said yes I probably wouldn't be able to sleep until the date. Maybe he'll go on Saturday with me. Weekends are always good. With that thought I fell asleep.

********

Vote and comment what you think. Every comment is great and I love reading them.