Day Five - Once again FitzSimmons

„Everyone's so different now.", Simmons noticed. She stood in the lab and watched the others through the glas. It's been a while since her return and it seemed like the whole team became totally different persons. Fitz and she didn't talk too much. Most of the time they were ignoring each other but right now Fitz stood beside her and also watched the team.

„You've changed too.", he mumbled and Simmons gave him a surprised look. She was surprised because she didn't just talked to her – that already was a miracle – he talked about her. It had become very rare that he spoke to her and even when he did he never spoke about her.

„We all changed, I guess.", she replied and turned around.

„Yes we did.", Fitz answered quietly and they went back to ignoring each other.

***

Skye entered the lab, glanced at FitzSimmons and stopped.

„You're still ignoring each other?", she asked and frowned. Fitz and Simmons turned round at the same time and looked at Skye.

„Come on!", Skye sighed. „When will you end this? You're like one person. You can't ignore each other forever."

Fitz and Simmons were silent for a moment then Fitz said: „It's not that easy, Skye."

With this words he left the lab. Skye looked after him then she looked at Simmons and raised an eyebrow.

„What?", Simmons asked.

„Talk to him."

„He won't listen."

„Talk to him."

„Skye, he's right. It's not that easy."

„Talk to him."

Jemma sighed. It wouldn't make sense to argue with Skye. She would persuade her either way.

„Come on, Jemma.", Skye said. „What do you have to lose?"

„Nothing.", Simmons admitted and moaned. „Okay, okay. I'll talk to him. But if he's even angrier then, you're in charge."

Skye grinned as she watched how Simmons left the lab. Then she paused. She forgot why she even was here. She frowned and shrugged her shoulders then she also left the lab.

Simmons knocked on the door.

„Fitz?", she asked quietly. Fitz hadlocked the door to his room so she couldn't enter it. No response.

„Fitz?", she asked again. „I'm here to talk. Open the door, Fitz."

„There's nothing to talk.", Fitz said from the other side of the door and Simmons sighed. He wouldn't open the door.

„There's a lot to talk about.", she said, hesitated for a moment and added: „And you don't have to talk. Just listen, okay?"

Fitz didn't answer so she just took a deep breath and started to talk: „So, I left for a reason. Not because you... changed. It's just..."

She closed her eyes.

„This was all my fault. If I hadn't taken the oxygen... It's kinda selfish but I left because I couldn't look at you without thinking about that damn day and thinking about what could have been different."

She sniffled and wiped away the lonely tear that rolled down her cheek.

„And I... I..."

Fitz opened the door and when he looked at her, another tear rolled down her cheek but this time she didn't wipe it away. She just stared at him, not knowing how to end this sentence. Fitz stared back and when she started to sob he stepped towards her, wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. Jemma hid her face against his shoulder and let her tears fall.

„And I... I love you, Fitz.", she finally ended the sentence and couldn't help but smiled. Because this was exactly what she wanted to say all the time.

Fitz pulled back a bit and wiped away her tears.

„I love you too, Jemma."

And finally their lips met.